How do you select?

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
Yukon
Diamond Member

How do you select?

Post by Yukon »

How do you select apart of what someone wrote down without selecting the whole thing?

You know when someone types a huge paragraph and when someone quotes small sections it's kind of highlighted?

How do you do that? I 'd like to learn so I can ask questions like everyone else instead of copying the whole thing.

Yukon :roll:
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall recieve.

Matthew 21:22
talitha

Post by talitha »

just copy and paste what you want to quote into your little reply-window and then click the "quote" button above it.
Yukon
Diamond Member

Post by Yukon »

just copy and paste what you want to quote into your little reply-window and then click the "quote" button above it.

This is a sample:

[quote][/quote]

Yukon
Diamond Member

Post by Yukon »

It didn't work!

What did I do wrong?

Yukon
Diamond Member

Post by Yukon »

[quote][/quote]

Yukon
Diamond Member

Post by Yukon »

How come it's not highlighted like other post I see on this board?

Yukon
Diamond Member

Post by Yukon »

I just posted and quoted somehwere else and I don't think it worked because what I said was highlighted instead of the quote.

Can you explain to me what I am doing wrong?

I know that I have seen other people's writings quoted and nother the person posting.

Thanks!

talitha

Post by talitha »

Sorry, I went to bed. :roll:

Okay I think I left out a step.

copy and paste what you want to quote into your little reply-window

then highlight it like you're going to copy it again, but instead of copying it again,

click the "quote" button above it.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

The easiest way for me to quote part of what somebody wrote is to quote the whole post by clicking on the quote button of a post, then deleting what I do not want from inbetween the [ quote ] stuff here [ / quote ] braces. you can also cut/paste stuff from other posts and type your own braces into your posts to quote things.

in Christ,
page4of3
Silver Member

Post by page4of3 »

bjcollin wrote:The easiest way for me to quote part of what somebody wrote is to quote the whole post by clicking on the quote button of a post, then deleting what I do not want from inbetween the [ quote ] stuff here [ / quote ] braces.
I usually do what BJ does myself.
bjcollin wrote:"you can also cut/paste stuff from other posts and type your own braces into your posts to quote things.
Also if you Copy and paste

Code: Select all

[quote="bjcollin"]The easiest way for me to quote part of what somebody wrote is to quote the whole post by clicking on the quote button of a post, then deleting what I do not want from inbetween the [ quote ] stuff here [ / quote ] braces.[/quote]
I usually do what BJ does myself.
[quote="bjcollin"]"you can also cut/paste stuff from other posts and type your own braces into your posts to quote things.[/quote]
Also if you Copy and paste
looks like what I had above
The [ quote ] tag can have 1 arguement ' ="Xxxx" ' where Xxxx is the person you are quoting from. If this Argument is left out it will just say "Quote:"

I use the [ quote ] tag for scripture by doing the following

Code: Select all

[quote="Matthew 3:16"]And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him[/quote]
will appear as
Matthew 3:16 wrote:And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him
God bless,
page4of3