HELP!

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

HELP!

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

Hoping this is the rigth place for this question.
I have cds that are skipping. I have a oily like substance i bought to clean them but they still are skipping.'This has happned to almost a dozen of my values cds. I hate to throw them out :( . Is there anyway to save them? HELP!
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

use rubbing alchohol instead.
some game stores like "game stop" have a thing that they can "respin" the disc and clean up any minor scratches.. it costs like 1-3.00 a disc... we have had to do that plenty of times!
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Ill try it.
If that doesnt work how to get a hold of" game spin"? We have a small fortune in thease cds! :shock:
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

If its doing it on a lot of CD's, it might be the player and not the CD's. Also, what I do is burn my CD's once to the computer as MP3 files. Then I just port them around electronically on a flash drive to where ever I want to listen to them and I can burn a CD-R disk (cheap now around .15c-.17c each to buy bulk) if I want a physical copy for the car.

in Christ,
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Thanks BJ.
But for me that sounds complicated. I would need some one to do it for me.
I really want to save thease cds if at all possible.
Jen... what is this place that spins the cds for a price? Do they have a number i can call and do u think i could send them in the mail?
:(