Time Limit while typing a post

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Time Limit while typing a post

Post by ArisenShine »

On the old board I used to be able to putz around and take my ole sweet time typing a post, if I needed to.

On this board there must be a time limit, because if it takes too long (proof-reading, making changes, etc.) it gobbles up my post I worked on so long :lol: .......and the Log-in page comes up.

What exactly is the time limit before one gets cut off? while typing a post? I'll have to set a timer, lol, Or am I doing something else wrong?

:?: Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

Lee, there is no limit that I know of, but I am checking the phpbb support site - If I find anything I'll get back to you...... :|
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I have seen this here on the new board. If you spend too long off line doing other things, and then come back and hit the submit button it times out and does not post. However, I have also found that if you just go back and hit the submit button a second time that it will become connected again and it will go through normally. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Session Length parameter is currently set at a default of 3600 seconds (1 hour), but I have seen it time out in less time than that. Of course this also depends on the network between you and the board, which if it goes down and back up at any link point inbetween, then you loose connection and timeout as well. My lowest timeout so far I think is about 30 mins. What is your experience with the time?

in Christ,
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

What is your experience with the time?
I have no idea, as the times that's happened I'd lost track of time while typing a particularly difficult post. I'll just have to roughly compose those kind in advance so I know what I want to say ahead of time a bit more, then just come here and type it (like I used to do), I guess.

At least one may have been over an hour.

Thank you guys,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....