Copying Text

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
Yahobahne77
Gold Member

Copying Text

Post by Yahobahne77 »

How do I copy quoted text from someone else's posting message onto mine in order to respond back. For example if someone said in his or her posting "I love the Lord," how do I copy just that quoted portion onto my text. I just want to respond to that portion of the whole text?
Please give me detailed, step by step instructions.
I appreciate this. Thank you.
I dwell in the secret place of the Most High. I abide under the shadow of the Almighty Psalms 91. He is my King and Lord.
Motivated in love, Yahobahne77
talitha

Post by talitha »

For example if someone said in his or her posting "I love the Lord," how do I copy just that quoted portion onto my text. I just want to respond to that portion of the whole text?
First, highlight the desired portion of the person's post, and copy that by either clicking "edit" at the top of your screen and "copy" or by using the keyboard shortcut - control/c

Then paste what you just copied onto your response screen by clicking where you want to paste it and then either clicking "edit" at the top of your screen and "paste" or by using the keyboard shortcut - control/v

To put it in a quote box, highlight it on your response screen and then push the button above that little screen that says "quote" - and it will put the brackets around what you highlighted, like this:

Code: Select all

[quote]I love the Lord[/quote]
When you post, that part will be in a box like this:
I love the Lord
blessings
tal