Ad/Mod?

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
kimibrew

Ad/Mod?

Post by kimibrew »

Totally new world to me...what is the difference between adminstrator and moderator?

Also, does it mean there is always someone watching the site?

Do you all have relationship with the site owner?

Probably silly ??'s but I have been curious how this all works.
Also really impressed by the godliness used to lead.

Thanks,

kimibrew
talitha

Post by talitha »

Not silly questions at all..... I will tell you what I think of right now, but I'm sure others can add something......

The administrators have been around the ministry for a while, and we do have relationship with the site owner, some more than others. She does email us from time to time.... and we are blessed that she trusts this ministry to us.

The moderators are people that the admins have chosen to help oversee the various parts of the board, and we are raising them up as leaders, hopefully building them up in the Lord and allowing them some authority......

We are all volunteers, no paid staff, and no set hours for anyone - there are times when none of us will be here - we really come in when we have time -- obviously WFH and I have the most time on our hands in this season in our lives - I'm sure that will probably change.....

Much of what we do as leaders around here is done not only after prayer but after consulting with one another - this is true team leadership - and for that reason sometimes things can move slowly. 8)

To team-build, we pray for one another, share things about our lives with one another, and occasionally have communion "together" in the moderators' area of the board that you can't see. :)

God has been good - we have the best people, IMHO!

blessings
tal
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Oh, thx, tal.

That helps me feel a little more 'oriented'.

I really appreciate all of you.

kimibrew
givingthanks
Gold Member

Post by givingthanks »

thank you Tal, i was wondering the same thing....

i want to thank you all for devoting the time and energy to this wonderful site...i have been helped immensely....

i want to submit to the authority of this board...please feel free to say anything to me that is necessary for all i want is to be a blessing to you and others....
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you..I Thes 5:18