why is my avatar so big?

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Good for you, eagle...that's a very nice avatar!

I once had a supervisor who everyone thought was a wiz with computers. When one was acting up she'd be called to fix it.

The truth was, she really didn't know much about what she was doing...just fiddled w/this and tweaked things here and there...but she always got them working! LOL

I asked her once...how'd you do it? She said, "I don't know".

That often works for me, too. (better than kicking it)

Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

eagle wrote:Ok got the pic I wanted :D . The Microsoft Picture Manager helped to adjust to the size and seem to go through fine. I think I remembered Tal mentioning something like that, it just dawned on me like ummm recently :wink: ok a little slow lol.
Cool. Good avatar.

in Christ,
talitha

Post by talitha »

HELLLLPPP!! I thought my pic would automatically resize itself when I linked to it. Now I know what HOPE was going through.

My pretty lion picture I guess was dropped from ImageShack, and when I went to ImageShack to re-add it, the whole site of ImageShack has changed, and now I can't find a place to link a picture. That was my method, and now that it's gone, I don't know what to do. I want to link to a picture from hubby's website - it's not on my computer, so I can't resize it, right? confused.......

blessings
tal
DECREE

Post by DECREE »

Resizing pictures can be done several ways,

A.)
Free Program: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/
Completely free, no spyware or ad-ware.
VSO Image Resizer - manage your digital photos
This is good if you have lots of photos.

B.)
If you use a PC you can use the Paint progam that is included with windows. Find the picture that you want to resize. Right mouse click on it then double click on open with: Paint

then hit Ctrl + E ( This will open Attributes you will see something like 640 x 480 lets pretend that was the size then. Then you would hit CTRL + W this will open the Stretch Skew window, enter 50 in the height and width. ( this will make your Picture 320 x 240 still to big - this is a trial and error - your use CTRL- E to find out what the new size is, if it is too small hit CTRL + Z (Undo). Then when you get the right size. Hit ALT + F ( File menu - then Select Save as: Enter new file name so that your keep your original photo - make sure that you save to your desktop or other location so that you can upload it as normal from your profile.

C. ) another great free tool, open a Photobucket account, this is good to have you can upload video, and photos.

http://photobucket.com/

In your Photobucket account in the picture in the link below I have already selected the link under the Mobile phone you will see the words Max Image size = 1024 x 968 OPTIONS link

Then you will select Avatar button: 175 x 100 ( note until you change this back all photos will upload at this size.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa23 ... a93459.jpg
Then click save.

Then click Browse and find your photo and the click on "UPLOAD"

Your photo will upload, you will then see your photo with four boxes below labled.

YOUR PHOTO
Email & IM
Direct Link
( For your avatar select this and for using the URL to link to a photo)
HTML Code
IMG Code
( you can use these to direct post and image from photo bucket it is the same as choosing the Img button in compose mode, but it does it automatic, you click on the box and it paste it to the clipboard automatic, then you just hit CTRL + V to paste in a Message.

On the The Dreams Board click on Profile at the top of the page, then this page will open, scroll to the bottom.
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5311 ... 505rt5.jpg

Find the line : "Link to off-site Avatar:" Look for the PASTE HERE In the picture link above.

On the Photobucket website under the Photo of you avatar, click on the second box (DIRECT LINK) The box should turn blue,

then goto to your profile on the Forum and in the box where the PASTE HERE (MY WORDS the box will be empty on your profile)

Then click in the box and hit CTRL + V ( the box should now have text) then click on SUBMIT.

If all went well you should have your Avatar.

Hope this is Clear, Questions just ask or PM me, in case I don't check this thread for questions.
Jud 1:11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, and in the error of Balaam they have rushed for profit, and have perished in the rebellion of Korah.