Help: Posting keep having to log in

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Help: Posting keep having to log in

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

I don't know what's going on with my account but everytime I post I'm given the log in screen and have to log in many times before it okays my message. Or it'll say invalid session. please resubmit the form after I've already been logged in.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

When you log in do you check the box that says leave me logged in? If you do that then it will keep you logged in when you close your browser and return to the website the next time. I do think for this to work you need to allow tehillahdreams.com into your cookies allowed list possibly if you have that setting turned off. Let me know if this works.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Also, on long replies I will get the invalid session, but then the next time I hit reply it posts right away. I think the timeout is pretty long, but if your on a noisy dialup connection to the internet sometimes it acts much worse. I have not noticed many invalid sessions unless I am leaving a website window open to the website for long periods of time like all day or longer. Let me know if it keeps happening.

in Christ,
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Yes,

It does seem like it happens when a reply is long. I will continue to keep the box checked when I log in. I thought I was doing so but maybe I wasn't. It shouldn't be because of my internet connection because I have fios. I am going to check my cookies. Even after checking the box, I just got that invalid session message while replying to this post. Maybe its because of aol sometimes I use that instead of IE. Thanks for the help BJ
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Just went to control panel and unchecked the box for "deleting passwords automatically" when I visit a site such as this one. It's still giving me the invalid session message..I'm going to try IE and see if the problem is the same
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

your on to something there... I have fios too and it works very fast and well connected so no problems there. I think the problem could be in your browser settings.

in Christ,