spam profile emails

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
bjcollin
Site Owner

spam profile emails

Post by bjcollin »

Karen,

Thank you for letting me know this is happening to other users. I also received the following SCAM/SPAM email from a mail server in Finland yesterday. I tried to track them down on the board this morning in an attempt to eliminate their account, but I could not find if they truly have an account or not as there is no username to track this to and the email addresses does not map to any known account. I believe that this might be coming from an outside source through only emails, and if so there is not much I can do if anything about it. Please be re-assured that we have not sold any information or allowed any user email lists to be compromised. I will do my best to figure out how this is happening. Thank you.

in Christ,

Brian Collins
bjcollin@hotmail.com
http://mysite.verizon.net/bjcollin/
Received: from (41.82.115.220) by posti.suomi24.fi; Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:17:56 +0100
Message-ID: <28948624.133181361128676504.JavaMail.defaultUser@defaultHost>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:17:56 +0100 (CET)
Subject: hi
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-15"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Bcc:
Return-Path: julietoliverjo10@suomi24.fi
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 17 Feb 2013 19:17:59.0908 (UTC) FILETIME=[7FD6DA40:01CE0D43]

Hello,
How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your
profile at tehillahdreams.com I really want to have a good friendship with you.
Beside i have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult
to express myself in this site, since it's a public site. Please i will like
you to contact me, through my private e-mail via: ( Julietoliver7@yahoo.com )
So we can get to know each other better, and i well give you my pictures and
also tell you more about me OK.
Yours Friend,
Miss Juliet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:08:39 -0800
Subject: Tehillah Dream Site
To: bjcollin@hotmail.com

I recently received a scam letter from a Juliet Oliver. She found my info over the dream site & emailed me. In these scams they usually start off with 'I read your profile and want to be close to you'. It's a Nigeria money scam. You can Google this & put in 'I read your profile'.

Maybe you could post a Warning to everyone about this person. Blessings, Karen (Special K).
_______________________________________________ Admins mailing list Admins@tehillahdreams.com http://tehillahdreams.com/mailman/listi ... dreams.com