How to Get Your Dream-Posts Read and Interp'ed

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
talitha

How to Get Your Dream-Posts Read and Interp'ed

Post by talitha »

I just wanted to give some pointers for you all to increase the chances that people will read your dream, and that there will be responses to it.

1. DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS! This comes across as beligerant or shouting, and people tend to be put off by it.

2. Do write in paragraphs, with sentences and punctuation.

When people see a big block full of words, particularly words with little or no punctuation, they tend to think that reading this thing would be a HUGE task, and I must confess that I often do not read dreams posted in that way.

When your dream changes scenes, it would be a good idea to start a new paragraph.

3. Do be as specific as possible. Give details. The old saying is that "God is in the details." This is particularly true, oftentimes, in dreams.

4. Post only one dream per thread, and do not post more than two threads at a time. An exception to the one-dream-per-thread rule would be if you had two dreams that you're pretty sure are related to one another, especially if you dreamed them back to back - in the same night or on two consecutive nights.

5. If your dream is really long (like if you try to post it and the website says it's too long), DO NOT start a new thread for "part two" - simply post a reply to your own dream and continue there. It's too easy for two threads to get separated.

6. Don't use too many visual effects - it makes your post hard to read - and sometimes all the effects can make the page do funny things like jump up and down. Also - don't post in colors that are too light.

7. Please post symbols in the context of the dream - it's hard to know how to respond to something like this - "What do neon-green woolly mammoths represent in dreams?"

If I think of more, I'll add some - but I believe these are the main tips I'd like to see people take advantage of.....

blessings on all of you
talitha
Tehillah Moderation Team
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Yeah, good tips!

:D
Getting to know me

Just got back

Post by Getting to know me »

I have not been able to connect for over a year, and today received an email of a message, but checked it and there was none. I am glad to be able to acess the site again. I am thankful for the fellowship. god bless all.