Busy Angels

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
Ivy
Silver Member

Busy Angels

Post by Ivy »

Hi!

I've been praying for years for my husband to be able to retire early from his third shift job at the factory. He also has a day job as an independent agent and he's just keeping the factory job for the insurance. His health is declining from this constant work.

I've been crying out to God for years, asking "How long?" My prayer always goes unanswered. Last night I had this dream:

I was at the factory. Two women were selling crafts at tables in the break room. (Brenda is my husband's supervisor's wife, and Jody is a friend of mine, in case those names mean anything.) I had put in a request to the boss to plead for the release of my husband. Suddenly I heard my name called over the loudspeaker to come to the office. When I arrived, two women I didn't know were waiting there to hear my request, but they continued sorting and filing, so I just stood and waited for them to finish their work.

Could these women be angels? If so, what should I do if they are too busy to help with this?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Busy Angels

Post by bjcollin »

Ivy,

I personally don't think the two unknown women in the factory office in the end of your dream are representative of angels. The angels of the Lord are never too busy to deal with us. That is their sole job and reason for existing is to serve the Lord and then to work on our behalf. Reference Hebrews 1:14 - "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?" There is only one story in the Bible where an angel was delayed for 21 days in Daniel 10:12-13 ... 12 Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. So in this story this particular angel was delayed 21 days in answering the prayer due to enemy interference, and he had to have the arch angel Michael come to help him fight in order to get through to Daniel. So even in this case, the answer was delayed, but it was heard immediately.

Personally I have found that many times when we are praying long term for things to change long term, it is a just matter of us lining up with the Lord's will or waiting patiently for the Lord's timing.

2 Peter 3:8-9 says 8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Time in heaven is not the same time like linear time is here on earth as we experience it, because God is outside of time. We need to be ones who recognize that the Lord is not slow, but He is always exactly on time. We also need to be ones who stand up to the enemy and cause him to flee out of our lives and our situations Reference James 4:7-8.

I personally had an issue many years ago when I was single that I wanted to be married. I prayed and cried and prayed for many years about the situation while I was in college and even after college. I didn't even meet my wife of now 22 years until I was 30 years old. Looking back in retrospect now on it... It took a lot in the Lord's perfect timing for the Lord to line up the perfect wife for me, and it took even more for Him to mold me and make me into the perfect husband for her. I would have dreams of the church and getting married for years before it finally came to pass in the Lord's timing. This is just one example, and there are many more examples of it taking years of prayer before loved ones come to the Lord, and other types of long term prayers.

I feel for you and your husbands situation. Nobody should have to work 2nd overnight jobs just to be able to keep/afford health insurance. I am sorry that I don't have a better interpretation for you on your dream. I will be praying for your situation.

in Christ,
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for your response! And thank you for offering to pray.

The two women … Years ago I purchased the book "In a Dream, in a Vision of the Night" by Tehillah Ministries. In the book, unknown women can represent angels. In the past I have dreamt of two unknown women, and in those cases, the interpretation turned out to be that they were angels.

In this dream, I did wonder about that same scripture you quoted - that the angel was delayed in responding. So I see that this probably wasn't the case in this dream. But perhaps the angels are busy answering the prayer, since I did hear my name called over the loud speaker. I got the sense that God was saying He heard my request. Maybe this is an assurance that He is answering.

I really appreciate you sharing your own experience in years of unanswered prayer, only to come to the answer of that prayer years later. I can see now how God's timing is so different from ours. In my own case, my husband's health is wearing down and I know it's not God's will for him to work his life away.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Yes, great book, RIP Ms. Riddle, the author was our original site founder many years ago. Yes, sometimes unknown men/women can represent angels, as well as people without faces, etc. However, we must be careful with using book symbology as constants all the time. In this case look at the surrounding portions of the dream for context. The women in the dream were not being very angelic like, they were basically working away and ignoring you even though you were called into the office... Maybe you can take this as they are busy working on your request. Maybe this is what your husband is doing in he is working so hard he is ignoring his own health in the process. When I was younger I had this great job that was exciting, and I would work 50-60 hours weeks all the time without even batting an eye. A little over 5 years ago now I was laid off from that job after 16+ years. I was bummed that I didn't get to retire with that company and it caused many problems in our lives. I took 3 months off and traveled to Puerto Rico on a missions trip and to other places, and then I settled down and got a job that was straight 40 hrs/week with no OT. At first I didn't know what to do with myself with all the extra time, but then I started investing the time in my family and in more time with God and with more Bible study. What somebody meant to be a bad thing, actually turned into a good thing and God has been using it to His glory these last few years. Hopefully this will turn out the same type of thing in your husbands case, God will work it out to the good of those who love Him and are called for His purpose. Blessings.

in Christ,
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

Yes, I think you're right. Those couldn't have been angels. It does seem more like a 'busy' dream. I hope that my husband will take the leap of faith and slow things down. Thank you so much for your help!