Christian Darkness

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
barny

Christian Darkness

Post by barny »

In a dream I was at a Bible Retreat, and as I was leaving I got into my car. It was pitch dark. I could only see a little in front of the car. Then my friend poked his head in the passenger door window and said “are you okay?” I said “I cannot see.” Then he said to me “that’s because of Christian Darkness.” Then he added, “ if you drive down past the Christian Cemetery you will find the main road.”

As I started to pull away I saw a great bright light descending down a ways out ahead of me. I decided to follow the light.
End of dream.

Thanks for reading.
Barny

“Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.”
1 John 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
Colossians 2:8

Fight the good fight
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Christian Darkness

Post by bjcollin »

barny,

Good to see you back on the board again, it has been a while. For this dream what I am hearing is...

Avoid dead things, not all folks using the title Christian really are alive even though they should be alive and they should be both salt and light to the world around them. (ref Matthew 5:13-16) Seek only the light which is the Lord Jesus Christ himself. (ref John 8:12) Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” I also like your verse at the bottom of your post 1 John 2:8; for an old testament reference Isaiah 60:1-3.

in Christ,
barny

Re: Christian Darkness

Post by barny »

Hello bjcollin,
Thank you so much for the reply to my post. It is good being back here, I love this site! Thank you for your valuable input.

My thoughts go back to Genesis 15:12 “When the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him.”

I think the darkness was indicative of spiritual darkness. It was representative of my spiritual condition. As a Buddhist for 23 years and the last year of the 23 years was the darkest time of my life. I don’t believe that I have fully recovered. As my friend said, in the dream, it was Christian darkness tells me that God is bringing the Light into my darkness. I have been with Jesus now 15 months after He rescued me. I think the darkness I was in so permeated my spirit that it is a process to bring the Light. All these dreams of paths, roads and climbing are all pointing to my new walk with Jesus. Perhaps I’m getting closer now because I’m dreaming of Light.

I think your opinion about avoiding dead things is right on. I think the cemetery represented the flesh. More specifically the dead sinful nature that was part of me. The flesh of the “old man.” It made me ask questions of myself. Are the passions and desires of the flesh still controlling my will? Have I really submitted, surrendered and relinquished my heart to Jesus? Is it my will, or His will that drives my thought life and actions? The flesh was something I had to get beyond and follow the Light in my dream.

I’m very new to the Faith and all of this is quite amazing yet overwhelming. I’m so grateful for Jesus for He rescued me from darkness. As He brings more and more Light I look so forward to walking with Him.
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
Colossians 2:8

Fight the good fight