Coronavirus dream

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
Ivy
Silver Member

Coronavirus dream

Post by Ivy »

Last week I woke up to the sound of a young boy crying out. He was in an adjacent bedroom. (I do not have children at home anymore). He was screaming, saying "The virus is a curse!"

It seemed so real, like even after I awoke I could hear the cries.

The coronavirus probably is a curse, but if anyone knows whether it's from God or the devil, it's important to know. If it's from God and he's doing some sort of cleansing, or this is a judgment, then how are we to pray against it?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Coronavirus dream

Post by bjcollin »

Interesting, our Sunday School class brushed a little bit into this topic this past Sunday on Daniel 9. The Bible has plenty to say on curses, our verse in Daniel 9 referenced us back to Deuteronomy 27:15 and 27:26. I wish I had more time to delve more into the subject this past Sunday, but we didn't. One of the verses that really struck me from that section is 27:19 which says Cursed is he who distorts the justice due an alien, orphan, and widow.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ We as America have definitely been guilty of pushing this line these past few years against legal immigration situations of immigrants trying to come into our country. The next chapter Deuteronomy 28 has a lot to say about blessings and curses as well.

Proverbs 26:2 Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, So a curse without cause does not alight.

2 Chronicles 7:13-14
13 If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

We have sinned, we need to acknowledge it and repent and humble ourselves and pray for God to remove the curse.

My wife has started a 24 hour prayer/intercession within our church and a couple of other churches for the next 7 days. We have people assigned to hourly slots praying in intercession for the needs of the church and praying against this viral curse. Maybe you can start something like this personally or within your church.

in Christ,
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

Very good scriptures, especially Proverbs 26:2.

The 2 Chronicles scripture... that is what I question. We are directed to humble ourselves and pray and seek God's face. But are we to command the virus to go? If this curse is the Lord's doing, are we to pray against it? Psalm 91 says "We will observe with our eyes and see the punishment of the wicked." So I'm wondering if there are any scriptures where we are directed to command or order something to leave that was sent by God.

But yet God's Word also says the rain falls on the just and the unjust. So many Christians and probably non-Christians have passed.

Sorry, not trying to start a rabbit trail here. Just some thoughts.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Ivy, if the virus is a curse from God, then the only response that comes to my mind is to repent.

I personally don't know that it's from God. He told me "it is finished". Jesus paid for it by his death on the cross.

The first time I heard about the virus my immediate thought was that it was man made, and whenever something like this happens, someone's making a lot of money. Just like in war.

The best thing you can do is pray first, for specific direction on how to pray. Never go into confrontational prayer without a plan. Seek God on exactly how to pray. And if it's your job to do that.

For your consideration.
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

What about the four horsemen of the book of Revelation? Pestilence, war, famine and death. This is predicted for the future.

I believe "It is finished" means that the price paid for our salvation has been fully paid. Not sure that statement means there will be no more judgments.
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

I wondered about the child. Sin itself brings curses so i do agree with the child in that regard, but it is also true that believers are redeemed and covered in the blood.

Why some Christians get sick and die, unless God reveals i choose not to go there. Maybe there is a greater purpose, like that of Job's. We know he didn't die, but as i said, i choose not to go there cause i don't know everything. I can be faithful to what God has revealed in my heart and for the rest, pray for revelation if needed.

But back to the child, I'm wondering if you will come across another, or others, that may be less mature in the faith. They may be right about the curse, but need to mature in the ways of the Lord. Just an additional thought that may be worth considering in prayer.

Thanks, Doug
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

Thank you, Doug. Interesting thoughts on the meaning of the child. I hadn't thought of it in that light. Could be that this virus will bring about an awakening in nonbelievers and the lukewarm for repentance.

Thank you.
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

Seeing some of that already.