Eating eagle

Questions about dreams and symbols
Tk72490
Bronze Member

Eating eagle

Post by Tk72490 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:37 pm

I had a dream I was walking towards a tree I looked up and saw white patch of feathers that took over the green in the tree. It turns out it was a baby birds tons of them. I tried to scared them away but there was a huge bird that looked down and looked at me. It was one of the parents then the other parent show up flying above me. It was so huge bald eagle. I ran to my in laws to tell them. I quickly went inside the house. I looked outside from the window it landed in the driveway. My in laws looked and some how they killed it and started eating the eagle. What does it mean??

bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Eating eagle

Post by bjcollin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 am

For these topics posted in the questions section, we treat these posts like individual questions, and the Main Dreams/Visions section is for interpretations of dreams and visions.

So I will answer this one on the questions of the symbology in the dream.

Many times in dreams eagles represent the prophetic or prophets. In this case there are tons of baby eagles and two parent eagles in your dream, to me this is representative of the church at large that has many many gifted prophetic people who are in their infancy stages.

The next question I have in the dream is why run to the in-laws? Why not run to somebody on your own side of the family? That makes it significant symbolically in the dream. What is your relationship like currently with your in-laws and how do you feel about them or see what they are about? Many times symbolically your in-laws can also represent those in the church who are trapped in leaglism. i.e. everything is about the law or about the rules. This makes everything legalistic and about the letter of the law and there is no room for moving in the Spirit or for anything that fits outside their little bounded legal world.

Putting it together the last scene is about the legalistic killing and eating the prophetic. So this leads me to the question of how do you believe or what do you believe in as far as the giftings of the Holy Spirit and if those giftings are at work in the church today? What type of church do you go to and what is their stance on these areas?

Hope this helps get you started on the dream, I will let others reply in the other section on this dream if they have anything.

in Christ,

Tk72490
Bronze Member

Post by Tk72490 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:59 am

My relationship with my in laws aren't that great right now. They have close the door on me cause of my wife wanting a divorce and etc. In my dream I ran to their house because I was on my way to their house.

bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 am

So I would say that symbology questions aside this dream is most likely more about your prayer request and about your life with your wife/family right now. i.e. In your situation "your house" the legalistic attitudes that are working against you in these situations are winning the war right now. I will keep praying for you. Hope this helps.

in Christ,

Tk72490
Bronze Member

Post by Tk72490 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you so much

Tk72490
Bronze Member

Post by Tk72490 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Tk72490 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:37 pm
I had a dream I was walking towards a tree I looked up and saw white patch of feathers that took over the green in the tree. It turns out it was a baby birds tons of them. I tried to scared them away but there was a huge bird that looked down and looked at me. It was one of the parents then the other parent show up flying above me. It was so huge bald eagle. I ran to my in laws to tell them. I quickly went inside the house. I looked outside from the window it landed in the driveway. My in laws looked and some how they killed it and started eating the eagle. What does it mean??