drive-in movie theater/Roman Soldiers/Armor/Horses

Archives for 2009
ReBorn
Diamond Member

drive-in movie theater/Roman Soldiers/Armor/Horses

Post by ReBorn »

Dream:

Scene 1:
My husband (IRL), myself, our two daughters and our son are in the car at a drive-in movie theater. (Our kids are 12 and under)
We're watching a cartoon movie.
All of a sudden our attention is pulled away from the movie on the screen into what seems like a real life movie being played out in the sky.
In the sky we see Roman soldiers with their helmets, swords, and full armor. They were riding on horses and poised for battle. Then all of a sudden rubber halloween skulls start swirling around and a rubber skull hits my husband in the face.

Scene 2:
Everyone stays in the car except for me and my oldest daughter who is 12.
I am helping her walk down this long tunnel (maybe some type of subway tunnel) Her leg has been wounded.

Scene 3:
My daughter and I finally arrive at the place where the rest of the family ended up. It was some type of strange seafood restaurant.
My husband was sitting at a table with my two younger children. He was laughing loud and talking really loud and saying "Come on in, look we're having coconut battered shrimp and all types of all-u- can-eat seafood.
I looked at his plate and saw a large shrimp on it. I then focused on my daughter who was still wounded and sitting on a bench at the front of the restaurant. I walked over to see how she was doing.
Then I walked back over to the table where my husband and kids were sitting. To my suprise all of the food had already been eaten.

My wounded daughter and I had not eaten yet so I walked to a different part of the restaurant. In this part of the restaurant, they were serving pizza.
The funny thing is I couldn't reach it at all. I could see the food all layed out but they had it layed out way to high for anyone to reach. They even had a step stool to stand on.
Even when I stepped on the stool, I still wasn't tall enough to reach any of the food, so I got back down and walked over to the counter where there was a basket with some cornbread and rolls.

I eventually got to eat a piece of cornbread and a roll.

Also in this dream, near where my wounded daughter was sitting

there was this deep fryer looking thing that someone had fish in, except there was no oil in the deep fryer, it was water, so there was no way it was going to be cooked. I kept looking at it thinking what's the point, it's just a dead fish in water that someone keeps pulling up in the basket but it's not cooking, it will never be cooked because it's laying in cold water, it's not turned on and it's not even in oil. I thought that was just a waste.

That was it, i woke up!

Thanks for your interps!

Love ya
Last edited by ReBorn on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Anyone, any ideas?
Thanks
The Lord is my Shepherd
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Bumping this one again
The Lord is my Shepherd
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

The first idea I got from reading the dream is that the idea of halloween seeks to get ahold of your kids and is trying to get them to stumble in their walk toward the Lord. It really is a spiritual battle that is going on in the heavenlies this time of year. The seafood restruant you described reminds me of Joe's Crabshack here in the DFW area which my family and I actually ate at last night, and interesting that I had the coconut shrimp and Noah had the childs pizza. hahaha, what a coincidence. What are your ideas on halloween like with your kids? I know for us, Noah as a 10 year old is not allowed to have or be any graphic anything at all. He is a clone trooper from star wars this year. The idea for him is that it is not a celebration of anything in particular, but it is just a day to dress up like his favorite book character and to get lots of candy, just a fun day and nothing more. The trick-or-treat part is extremely controlled and extremely short and I go with him all the way and control which houses he goes to and what he gets. We usually then go to a nearby church which are having fall festivals on the same day and we just have fun together. Any other signifigance we tell him about what some make the day to be (its not like it isn't all over the tv this time of year anyway) and we pray to Jesus for protection. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Hi Brian,

That is a funny coincidence because I actually first posted this dream on Sat Mar 28, 2009. Strange that I would just now be re-submitting it.

I personally don't like Halloween and I try to discourage it, but seems like my voice has gone unheard.

I have let my kids go to our church on Halloween, but even there, you cannot tell them apart from any secular function (except our church doesn't have a haunted house)

Anyway, I was just browsing back through my old dreams and came across this one and saw it had never had any replies.

Thanks Brian!
The Lord is my Shepherd
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Hi Reborn,

When I read your dream this is what came to me:

It appears that the soldiers show that there will be spiritual warfare that perhaps maybe coming somewhere that seems innocent, like cartoons, or may actually be the media.

Your husband may not see the danger (hit in the head with a "rubber" skull) but something that may affect your daughter's walk (injured leg). Your husband is feasting instead of having concern over the wound on her leg -- not seeing the problem.

The long tunnel maybe something that you and her go through together and is something that you to will be focused on primarily (tunnel vision).

It seems that this is a difficult situation for you, thus you are "reaching for food" (spiritual nourishment). But there is particular spiritual nourishment that is needed in the situation; not just any. The symbolism in the dream about the fish in the water is to me a dead works situation, but not a hopeless one! The fish in the water is better than being deep fried!! ;)

Having bread to eat is a good thing, though seemingly not so fancy feasting, because your "daily bread" is provided to you.

Overall, put on the Armor of God and be prepared to battle with your daughter! Don't let the enemy make you think that it is hopeless and you are alone in the situation with her... you are not, He promises to never leave us or forsake us, remember He provides the daily bread; the Word of God. This is what you will need to perhaps to help your daughter through the tunnel. :)

Don't let the enemy steal your joy! Christ said; the thief comes not but to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly! John 10:10

May God bless you and your family!! And may He give you strength, joy and peace in Him through your walk with Him.

I hopes this helps! :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

P.S.

Post by Realisticdreamz »

If it is any consolation and/or encouragement to you... I have 3 children 19, 21, and 23 and we never celebrated Halloween. We also have gone to the church for fall festival instead. But they did not really dress up, except once as angels. :)

Each of us grow at different levels and stages. We should love others, as well as understand, when we to were learning and growing. Jesus Himself was accused of eating and drinking with the sinners; but He told them He had not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. He loved sinners too. :)

But, we all have to live with what we feel is right in our lives with God, irregardless of what others are doing! And our behavior must be out of love and welfare of others in Him, not so much out of judgment.

Each one of us are given a measure of faith :)

These scriptures also reminds me of your dream.

As the Word says in 2 Corinthians 10:
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ...
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Note to myself:

I took my daughter to the hospital on 05/02/2011 to get x-rays on her right leg.

There was nothing broken, it was only a muscle sprain but the pain in her leg is still there as of today's date 05/15/2011
The Lord is my Shepherd
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi ReBorn,

I do hope for your daughters quick recovery.

No broken bones reminds me of Psalm 34 again, since I posted it twice here the last week.

v:19-20
The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.
For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous;
not one of them is broken!

Im not sure how much of this dream you feel has manifested or not since it is older, but I do have some ideas for your discernment.

The Roman soldiers: spirit of the world/principalities of the air/ battling for space in minds of those here on earth.

The rubber skulls made me think of the fear of death.
That would be opposite of fearing God.

Luke 9:23-24
Then he said to the crowd,
“If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.
If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it.
But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed?

That is really just the first part of the dream that stuck out to me.
Still praying on the whole, and believing for your daughters complete healing and peace.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

No broken bones reminds me of Psalm 34 again, since I posted it twice here the last week.

v:19-20
The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.
For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous;
not one of them is broken!
Piano, thank you for posting that scripture.

I've been trying to find it- hoping the Lord would lead me to it once again, except that i have wondered about that particular scripture for a different reason! :shock:

The ways of the Lord are passed understanding huh?

Thank you so much :wink:
The Lord is my Shepherd