Gunman At The Gas Station

Archives for 2009
Change

Gunman At The Gas Station

Post by Change »

i dreamed this a long time ago.

i was in the backseat of a car.

some female relatives were in the front driving...grandmother/mother.

it was night time.

we pulled into a gas station.

when i got out of the car, i saw a man eyeing me suspiciously.

i turned around and saw another man coming towards me and i immediately perceived him as a threat.

i then attacked him but he wasn't phased by it.

he then pulled out a gun and kept walking towards me.

he was pure evil...he had no facial expression, he said nothing...he just kept silent.

i was walking back and pleading for him to not kill me.

i then backed too far into a fence or some kind of barrier.

that's when the man put down the gun and pulled out a knife.

i stepped to the side and right as the man was to kill me, my dad came out of nowhere.

my dad came up behind him and killed him.

what is the spiritual symbolism of this dream?

there's one last bit of information...regarding how i felt when my dad killed the man.

it seemed like, when my dad killed the man, though i was relieved...i felt slighted in some way...like it was too easy or something...or maybe i wanted to kill the man...something.

just some aspect of my dad killing the man made me sour in some way...though HOW can that be?
Missyjojo88
Platinum Member

Post by Missyjojo88 »

I'm just typing what comes into my mind about this dream although this would not be an interpretation. I found it interesting that you were in the backsit of a car being driving by a female family member. I would see this as you not being in control of the direction you were heading. If you were driving yourself, it would be you making the decision or you being in control of the direction of your life. Another thing is that you were on the rode at night. Sometimes in dreams, night time might symbolize being in a place that you shouldn't be because the work of wickedness occurs in the dark. The gas station is a place to fill you car to continue on your journey.

It would seem like this paticular gas station is not the proper or safe place to fill you tank. That's the enemies territory. So you and your family became target of the enemy since you were most likely in their domain. A second guy comes who tries to kill you which makes me believe that this gas station is a place were the enemy hangs out. Its the wrong place to be filling you car tank. But it would seem like your father, God saw that you were defenseless against the enemy, thus fighting the battle for you. Sometimes, we may not be equipped to fight the enemy when we are not expecting to encounter the enemy; God has to fight for us. God might at times equip us to fight our own battle, but it is so much better when God does the work for us.

As for why you felt a bit sour about this it could be because you don't like being helpless. You want to be able to fight your own battles, and its hard for you to let God lead in this case. Its something that many of us face. We don't want to be seen as being weak. But our weakness is a good thing. It helps us to rely on God and not on ourselves. God had no choice, but to come and help you in this case because you were in darkness; in the enemies domain. When we enter the enemies domain, the enemy can pretty much take advantage of that. If God doesn't intervene, things would have turned much worst. Just my thoughts.
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

was my "dad" in this dream my real dad or God?

i have to/want to believe it was about God.

this "gas station" where the enemy is...is that symbollic of me sinning?
prayingwoman
Gold Member

Post by prayingwoman »

Hello Change,

please pray about that, for I am not sure if my interpretation is correct.

I think the dream reveals that there is a generational guilt at work, which had its origin in the mother’s side of your family. It wasn’t you but your mother or grandmother who was driving and finally took/drove you to a place where the enemy was able to get you.

It is written in 2. Moses 20:5 that God will visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. Iniquity can be inherited and therefore the enemy can have a legal right to attack you, even though it wasn’t you who have sinned.

Because the man tried to kill you with a knife – maybe this could be an indication that there was IRL a murder with a knife committed by a family member of your bloodline in a former generation. Or it was a hate issue. Because the man first had a gun in his hand and then took a knife – that reminds me on a scripture where Jesus said “whosoever hates his brother is a murderer”. Somewhere I’ve read that a gun can stand for accusation or gossip. Accusation will be done because you hate someone. Hate will spiritually result in a demon of murder entering the family line.

I see the dad in your dream as the Heavenly Father. He will save you from all the plans of the enemy. The sour feeling you have had against your dad maybe is an indication that you have not only to deal with a generational issue but also with an “anger against God” issue. Ask the Father for more revelation.

If you get something, ask for forgiveness for that sin/iniquity - not only for yourself but also on behalf of your forefathers, break the curses that have resulted from that and command every demon connected to that to leave you at once in the name of Jesus.

Hope this helps. If it makes no sense to you please feel free to discard.

Prayingwoman
Search me, O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139,23-24)