Swimming, Showering, and Bees?

Archives for 2010
Four Years
Diamond Member

Swimming, Showering, and Bees?

Post by Four Years »

i dreamed i was once again at a house that my grandparents used to live in.

keep in mind it's NOT *theirs* anymore at the time i'm having these dreams.

just in case that does something to the interpretation, i will mention it.

i ended up swimming in the pool again.

then, at some point...i started showering.

however, the shower wasn't like any i've ever seen.

i was in fact in a CAGE of some kind.

on top of that, my family were there and i sensed they wanted to either watch me shower or at least stay seated where there were, which would give them view of me in the shower.

this angered me so i made them leave, i didn't feel comfortable at all with that idea.

also notable, in the shower, there was a swarm of BEES or yellowjackets, whatever of that type of insect that were in the shower with me.

as the water hit them, they died.

i don't know what significance they have.

i've never dreamed of bees before.

it was odd, of course, the whole dream was odd.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Four Years:

Is this a current dream or an oldie?
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

very recent
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

i should also mention the ex was also present in this dream too.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

i should also mention the ex was also present in this dream too.
Sooo....why is there no mention of her in your original post here? This is EXACTLY l what I meant when I said details sometimes DO make a difference.

As does CONTEXT

Change, we all see IN PART, each bringing his piece of the puzzle to the table. What seems trivial to you, might lend insight to someone else. Thing is....if there are too many pieces of the puzzle missing, the puzzle remains unsolved.

Without accurate interpretation, we won't receive revelation which means we can forget about applicatiion. WHICH MEANS we remain in bondage when we should be out and about attending to our Father's business.

Why don't you just type the dream out, in its entirety, just as you remember it?

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

well, i would think at this point...a pattern would be established.

considering the symbology of this dream and my 1 corinthians dream are too compatible to ignore.

also, i in fact, know the meaning of the portions of the dream that i did not post.

i only need to solve this part.

showering---that's a given.

swimming-- still not sure.

bees--- don't know at all...but i've looked it up.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Bees: Busy bodies; gossip; group of people; can produce sweet honey, or sting and wound; enemies that crowd around us. (1 Tim. 5: 13; Judges 14: 8; Du. 1: 44; Psalms 118: 12)

Praying it helps :wink:
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

also, i in fact, know the meaning of the portions of the dream that i did not post.

i only need to solve this part.
I understand this. BUT when a symbol is taken out of context, removed from the dream, it's not only impossible to interpret it, it is downright dangerous. We must always depend upon the Word of God and Holy Spirit guidance when interpreting a symbol - NOT the symbol itself.

Papa speaks to us each in a language we can understand. Thus, symbols may mean different things to different people. Further, all symbols have both a positive and negative meaning. We must always take care to leave it up to the dreamer to decide if an interp bears witness. Most are mature enough to 'examine all things' but this may not be true for everyone who visits.

In addition, the same symbol may not represent the same thing every time... Years ago, I struggled [unnecessarily] with a dream for months - and caused myself much grief - because I *assumed* I knew what a particular symbol meant. Papa had used this symbol to speak to me many times and it had always represented the same thing...EXCEPT FOR THIS TIME. I had attempted to 'put Him in a box' and by doing so *I* limited what he was able to do in my life in that season. It was a hard lesson to learn and one I never want to repeat..

I will add one more caution for the benefit of all who may be reading here regarding the biblical use of symbolism...

Apply the oil of the Spirit, prayer and the Word of God in focus. If the Lord is talking to anyone about making a change, it is never His will or way to force or manipulate that person into making a change. If that were His intention, He would not have given us a free will. Galatians chapter 5 lists the works of the flesh. One of those FLESHLY works is forcing one's will on another and is called: SORCERY OR WITCHCRAFT. This kind of use of symbols, to get someone to change because it fits another persons desire or agenda, is not acceptable to the Lord.
The Word of God admonishes us to test the spirit for good reason..

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

swimming-- still not sure.
Describe the pool. Was the water clean/clear or cloudy/murky?
discerning

Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

it's a clean pool and the shower "cage" was outside.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Not sure if this is an interpretation but:
i ended up swimming in the pool again
This part about your grandparents makes me think you are being cleansed from something in your ancestry

then, at some point...i started showering.

however, the shower wasn't like any i've ever seen.

i was in fact in a CAGE of some kind.

on top of that, my family were there and i sensed they wanted to either watch me shower or at least stay seated where there were, which would give them view of me in the shower.

seems to me like the water is the cleansing of the Holy Spirit and there are family members (could be real family members or church members) who are witnessing the cleansing the Lord is bringing you through.

Possibly they are watching your cleansing and they have been gossiping about you? (i.e.-the bees reference)

but when the spirit touches them (ie-the water touches them) the gossiping dies because they can see your cleansing is REAL

That's just my 2cents- toss what doesn't fit!

Blessings
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

that's as good as an interpretation as i could make Reborn.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

it's a clean pool and the shower "cage" was outside.
For your prayerful consideration..

Swimming represents spiritual activity. As the pool is clean, I see you beginning to move in the spirit, applying the Word(s) the Lord has spoken to you. As I mentioned above there are three parts of the prophetic...interpretation, revelation and application. It's not until we get to the third part that we realize change.
Bro, this is prophecy in action! Which, btw, confirms the MOVE FOWARD word.

The shower, as you point out, is a given...repentence/cleansing as led by Holy Spirit.

The bees here I believe present hindering spirits. More on that in a bit.

Generally speaking, a cage could represent a prison, a retreat or a hideout. The function of a cage is containment, it's purpose being to restrict movement. Here it functions as a retreat...a refuge, providing sanctuary/safety. In other words, it is a hedge of protection Papa has placed around you as a result of the prayers of the saints sent up on your behalf.

Back to the bees/'yellow jackets....these hindering spirits follow you into this sanctuary intent on inflicting pain. BUT as the water hit them, they died. The water is The Word....Who is alive and powerful and causes the bees to be of no effect.

For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the [a]breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart. Hewbrews 4:12
discerning

Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

yeah.

just like the last dream.

that's all i needed.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

yeah.

just like the last dream.

that's all i needed.

What do you mean? Your reply is a bit cryptic for me...you sound disappointed.

discerning