Narrow Stairway

Archives for 2010
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Narrow Stairway

Post by BlueRose32 »

Last edited by BlueRose32 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

bump..
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

bumping this again...

Does anybody have any thoughts on the symbolism for "narrow stairs?
He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-- Isaiah 33:15
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

BlueRose,

The only thing that came to mind was what u said, about the narrow way.

Also getting to a destination that will involve a lot of effort and FOCUS... "a tight fit"...

Pls just toss if doesnt fit.

Hope someone else can help u more.

Peace,

MW
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi BlueRose,
I know this place. I've had dreams of the narrow staircase and also spent time there, figuratively speaking. One time it was so narrow it put pressure on my brain! It is the place of growth and moving to a higher spiritual place. It is also really, really uncomfortable because it is the place of no escape. You need to trust God and keep moving one step at a time. It is a place of special grace because God is guiding your path and sending you through this tight spot because it is usually something you would not choose for yourself. It often comes when we desperately cry out to Abba for direction in dark times -and then things seem to get worse.

He doesn't leave you without any choice, of course. That's not Him; but in this place you only have two choices -move up or go back down. Sadly I've chosen the second option too many times. The good part is, he lets you repeat this exercise over an over until you get it. Do you ever wonder why the same type of "challenging" people or situations keep showing up in your life? It's because Abba lets you have as many re-writes as you need on the tests he sends. I wonder if that was what the former friend from the past meant.

The goal at the top of the stairs this time is sort of familiar (re-write!), but is a place you haven't been before (new stuff to learn). Cool!

As I prayed about your dream this old song kept running through my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG1rHP0sNLI

or, in a completely different style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDcVJg-Z7R8&feature=fvw
--for your discernment--
...that I might know Him...
sunshine
Gold Member

Post by sunshine »

I had a dream about i was walking down narrow stairs.God was warning me its gonna be a hard way down.i was holding my 2 kids by their hands, when i was walking down.For you -its the way up,so dont worry,its a good dream,even the stairs are narrow,possibly, God will use you to help someone else, the rest is just between you and God.
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

Thank you Manasseh, Charys & sunshine,

Thank you all & blessings to you!
He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-- Isaiah 33:15