Harp Players on Sea Coast

Archives for 2010
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

jewels of joy wrote:the dream has inspired me for a possible painting...
oooh - that'll be beautiful!
Jesus is the Saviour
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Jewels of Joy: I am pleased the dream has inspired a possible painting. That's great! I'd love to see it if you paint it.

As you said, God will reveal the meaning in His time. And He knows when that will be, as Joseph said in the Scriptures "Do not interpretations belong to God?" (Gen 40.8)

Thanks for all your help!
Mary
The shepherds have become stupid,
they have not consulted Adonai.
This is why they have not prospered,
and all their flocks are scattered.
Jer. 10.21
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi servant,

A few thoughts, questions to toss if so desire..or keep.

Personally, the only time I have stood on a chair is if I am
"trying to reach" something that is too far above me.
Standing on a chair is not safe IMO. (I have a step ladder)

So my point of view is a bit different than others here.

I believe what you are seeing is a group of people, standing on sand, trying to reach the heavens without God, but by their own will, strength or device.
(My commentary on sand and on Matthew 7 is on Jewels wormhole dream)

These can make any sound they like, and in the realm of the Anti-Christ, to many it will be beautiful, but is counterfeit, and will eventually lead to falling.

Revelations 15:1-4

Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God is complete.
And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.
They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:

“ Great and marvelous are Your works,
Lord God Almighty!
Just and true are Your ways,
O King of the saints!
Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy.
For all nations shall come and worship before You,
For Your judgments have been manifested.”

The word epi in greek can be used for "beside" or "on, and in the verse "standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God" is also translated "standing beside the sea of glass, having harps of God"
in certain translations.
This had me a bit "beside "myself concerning this dream.

One other reference to a sea of glass is in Revelation 4:6

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

So I ask the question, what is the purpose of standing on a chair, while playing a harp on the sand?

(Now four and twenty elders are seated around Gods throne in Rev. 4:4... main point, they are seated, not standing on seats.)

IMO, standing on a chair does not evoke Grace or beauty, but confusion and an awkward, uneven stance.

servant,
Is it possible that The Lord gave you this dream, to show you that something perpendicular to the Truth exists, and that it makes an effort to appear, in fact, Godly.

It may not be a popular view I have, but I aim isn't popularity.
I love you guys.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Hi piano! Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree that it would be different if they were standing on the chairs, but they were actually sitting on the chairs in my dream. I went and re-read my original post so I could be sure I hadn't misstated. It reads,
I was walking toward the water on a sandy beach and walked by a line of people sitting on chairs and playing large harps. The row of harp players was perpendicular to the coast.
I love the verses you quoted, and I am very interested in your thoughts regarding this dream. Please let me know what you have, I value your input and it is very interesting to me.

Thank you for your time.
Blessings,
Mary
Jer. 10.21
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Well I feel a little bit like a silly head now.
:oops:

Thanks for reading and responding, I may have never known I made this quite large mistake.....I stand humbly corrected.
Not sure why I thought it said standing on chairs. :shock:

I do still have some issue with the harp players in the sand.
This is something I have been talking to God about, as I see so many dreams with themes that have similar scenary.

As I stated about the verses, they can be translated "beside" or "on" the sea.

Other than that, I dont have an interpretation, just the scriptures and my thoughts concerning the sand.

Peace to you.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Piano: Sorry my response was delayed. You are not a silly head, we all make mistakes at some point. No worries!

I really think you are a little off base for my dream. It was not a sea of glass, it was a sea shore, a beach. And in Rev 15 they were STANDING by the SEA OF GLASS mingled with FIRE and they were singing the song of Moses and the Lamb (they were "good-guys").

Chairs can represent: To be in a fixed location; concentration; receiving position; place of dominion; inner court of the temple; throne of God; satanic powers; mercy seat; kingship of the Lord; seat of authority; rest.

Harps can represent: If used for God, praise and worship in heaven and in the earth; if used for the world or devil; symbol of lust; self satisfaction; not playing: in captivity; the wicked; prophets.

Sea Coast/Shore can represent: Boundary: Flesh (which contains and limits the spirit of man); limitations; weights; borderland; confinements of the emotions and will.

Sand: Flesh; poor foundation; the descendants of someone; the Lord’s thoughts about us; weak and faulty foundation; hard work; obstacle; multitudes of people; seed; spiritual and earthly seed of Abraham; multitudes that are unsaved.

Sea: See also Brook, Waters and River: People; false-hearted teachers of the Word of God; nations of the world; gentiles; obstacle; unsettled multitude of humanity; the through faith; fast progress; right standing with God; the Gospel being increased and sent forth; restless masses of humanity, the wicked nations.

Music: Worship of oneself, God, or an object; idol worship; the abundance of the heart overflowing; cheerfulness and joy; praise; prophesying; Spiritual gifts flowing; temptation to sin; mesmerized; seduced; words are important to know what the message is; entertainment; teaching; admonishing; edifying.

So, I think it is something more to do with the fact that I am more free to worship God with instruments now that I have relocated to San Antonio and we have been visiting churches that use instruments. And since the sand can represent descendants, maybe that my descendants will be involved with playing music to worship God. They are on their way to doing that.

Something like that, it's not set in stone, but I didn't feel any bad emotions, it was tranquil, so I don't think it was a bad or warning dream. I do have a harder time with my own dreams, though.

Thanks for the help! May God richly bless you!
Mary
Jer. 10.21
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi servant,

Im really glad you did see this dream as positive, and everyone else did too.
I believe it encourages all to identify what clearly doesn't fit for you.

How wonderful to hear harps on sunday morning. I really love music that makes me feel as if the angels are singing with me from the throne.

I didn't see your dream as negative..I just have some different things on my mind that are rather difficult to explain without writing a novel that are in a general and not personal level concerning dreams. I could have let those thoughts wait.

I realize the sea of glass was not in your dream, it was missing.
I brought the scripture out because it was quite similar.

Anyways, I think its a good thing I stop discussing this because I have no desire to change your heart or mind about what I did post, just clarifying a little in hopes for understanding.

I think I did learn a lesson, I am hoping not at the expense of causing you grief, which would definately cause my own.

Peace to you,

Piano
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Piano: Not at all. You didn't cause me any grief. I appreciate you. I don't want you or anyone to be afraid or hesitate to tell me the negative things if they feel that is what is needed. I really try to be open to that. But I have to weigh what I am given as well, and I know you agree with that. I'm just trying to say that I am not trying to be harsh or mean, though I have a hard time sometimes not having it appear that way.

I do appreciate you, piano. Please don't hesitate to give me your thoughts in the future. You are valuable to me.

Grace and peace,
Mary
Jer. 10.21
spiritledd
Diamond Member

angels singing

Post by spiritledd »

Here are some angels singing and testimony of it too. Thought you might be blessed piano :)

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=9Xge_7xBQxs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6Nu5W256M&NR=1
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

I have heard the phrase " Tabernacle of David" im not sure but i think it may have something to do with praise and worship. I believe David had many singer and musicians in his court.,
Of course David was a harp player. This again may represent a new sound coming from heaven with the anointing of David which was so strong it drove away evil spirits.Anointed music fresh from the Throne of God can be a great weapon in fighting the demonic realm and opening peoples hearts..
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Cool thoughts, jewels of joy!! Thanks for sharing. :)
Jer. 10.21