Challenge

Archives for 2011
Grateful

Challenge

Post by Grateful »

Good morning to all and Happy New Year. One of my new years resolutions was getting closer to God - doing His will and not my own. This includes regular bible study and prayer and all the saints who are doing his work as well as intecessory prayer for others. It also includes relying on Him for everything and not trusting in myself. I said all of that to explain what happened last night.

I cannot call this a dream exactly. I woke up last night out of a sound sleep. And I remember being very afraid. Just frightened. I was thinking I hope that no one breaks into this house on me. If they did who would I call. I knew I could call the cops of course. And then I thought, I can't call my mom, she's dead so who will I call now.

The best way I can describe the feeling is that it was the feeling you get when you are in the presence of evil. It was taunting me, with who you gonna call now, your mom is dead. I believe now that it came because my resolution and follow through there on is seen as some threat to it. I would love to hear your thoughts on t his matter. I am seeking prayers also. This morning, this evil has already launched an attack on me. I am believing God for my deliverance from this attack.
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

Be of good courage, do not be afraid for the Lord your God is with you!! The enemy would like you to believe otherwise. He has been launching an attack against our marriage this week. Stuff is coming out of the blue. But the Lord has shown me it isn't my husband but Satan because I have made resolutions very much like yours and if we follow through it will make him weaker against us. My Husband humbly apologized today for his behavior. I think it caught him off guard too!
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6
Bella

Post by Bella »

Hi Grateful, the first thing that came to mind is the scripture 'if God is for us, who can be against us?' and a song with this scripture in it: if God is for us who can be against us, You gave us everything even Your only Son...

Also, as you read the Word, and build up your heart with the truth of the Word, you won't be so frightened of these thoughts that come. Instead of your response being to want to call on a person, your first thought will be to call on the Lord. Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. As you remind yourself of these truths, the day of evil will not affect you so much.

These are just some things I believe you need to feed on:
If God is for us who can be against us.
You are the righteousness of God in Christ. There's nothing for you to do to be righteous because you ARE righteous (it's a gift and trying to be righteous just nullifies it).
You are God's BELOVED. His banner over you is LOVE.
And the song ... praise Him praise Him sing hallelujah.
And of course - no weapon formed against you shall prosper, and you shall REFUTE every tongue that rises against you in JUDGEMENT. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord. Your righteousness is of the Lord.
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Thank you both for your responses. I believe that the battle has been joined in the spirit world. This evil presence was sent to intimidate me. This lets me know that yes indeed I am in this fight. Saints of God, the fight is on.