Face Reading???

Archives for 2011
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Face Reading???

Post by GaAngel »

Greetings!

I dreamed that I was pumping gas and had a sudden urge to go to the restroom. I left my sister to finish pumping and she had many questions as to what to do if it overflowed, how to pay, etc.

I went to the restroom and had trouble locking the door. It was one of those single room types, and not one with stalls. After awhile, I became constipated. I looked and noticed that the door was ajar and people seated outside looked in, but pretended not to. I finally got to door locked and closed, and hoped no one noticed me straining.

Later, the restroom was somehow public, yet private at the same time. This woman came in stating that she was led to me or something. I thought she was from the Holy Spirit. Then, she started reading the lines on my face. She paused under my right cheek and said I was hiding something. I was disgusted and accused her of not being from the Holy Spirit. It was as if she'd gathered "something" from all the lines and then caressed my mouth as if to put something there. I soon left.

In real life, I did a search on facial reading. It is in fact a form of divination. I don't think that I've ever heard of this before the dream, so it's strange to have something like this be introduced to me in a dream. I am a devout Christian and don't delve into anything like this.

Any thoughts are most welcomed.

Afterward,
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello GAAngel, the tile of your post led me here. Yes, it is a form of divination and a few backs I had experience this in a revival in my now former church. First off, do not panic. From my experience at this revival, an "overseer" from a church in the States came by my former church. My husband and I, although we decided that we would not attend church services but di not see no harm in attending the revival. Boy oh boy, was we wrong. My husband remarked, after we left the revival, that he picked up on this "overseer" "reading people". To make a long story, me, my husband, and an Army chaplain had to fake being hit with the Spirit. I know that sounds terrible, but you had to be there to truly understand why we did it. I also, picked up this before my husband stated his thoughts. This "overseer" was reading my face and told me I had the spirit of depression, not the case. He exhibit "signs and wonders" and had even a few saints fooled (then again they probaly thought what we thought and did what we did).

Anyway, sorry for getting long winded there, but I believe the Lord is forewarning you that you will be crossing paths with a false prophet. Whomever this person maybe, they may fool the some His elect, but not you. Toss out if it does not speak. God bless!!!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Newbie, Dealing with the fake with more fake was probably not the best thing to do in that situation, but of course as you say I guess I had to be there. I do agree with the final assessment that to me this dream basically shows an encounter with the fake and a spirit trying to put words into the dreamers mouth.

GaAngel, So to sum up the basic message of the dream to me shows a time of cleansing that you are having trouble with because of the public/private nature of it. Then the approach by the person who appears to be lead by the Holy Spirit, but really is not as they are just trying to read the physical signs in the flesh so to speak. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

bjcollin wrote:Newbie, Dealing with the fake with more fake was probably not the best thing to do in that situation, but of course as you say I guess I had to be there.
:oops: Yes I know, I know that was not the correct thing to do,but through each experience I grow stronger and wiser. I will say that it was an eyeopener and GAangel's was another confirmation or message to me.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

My goodness, the Lord sure moves in mysterious ways.........

I think THAT WAS A GOD APPOINTMENT Newbie for you were both able to springboard off eachother.

This may be something for ALL of us to be aware of so the enenmy doesn't catch us off guard.

Blessings to both of you, and bj, as always..... you tied up the loose ends nicely.
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Amen Elijah'stask, amen :)
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi GaAngel,

When your dream begins you are pumping gas -looking for a power filling. When you realize you have to go to the bathroom it is because you remember the importance of confession.

To me bathroom dreams are often about getting rid of things that shouldn't be there. I think it's more than just confessing sin, but also rejecting useless or even damaging ideas we have taken in. Sometimes this takes more time and effort than usual.

In the mean time you leave a another sister (in Christ?) to take your place, but she is worried about what to do if the flow gets out of hand -or is not stewarded properly.

It would be nice if all our personal struggles were in private, but alas, this is not always the case. It can be very humbling to have our human frailties exposed.

As I was praying about the next part these verses came to mind. Ephesians 4: 11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

The deceiver does like to attack us in moments of weakness,when we feel unworthy to be in public and are reluctant to give up something, even though we know it is not benefiting us to hold on. but you do recognize what is happening and reject the woman who says she can read you by the lines on your face. I wonder if these are worry lines. 2 Tim 3 also talks about women being vulnerable to deceivers when they are weighed down by guilt. -Ooh, maybe that's it. Maybe what you need to get rid of is guilt? Putting words in your mouth reminds me of the clever kind of lawyers on tv court drama shows that trip witnesses up and get them to say things they didn't mean. They will exclaim, "You're putting words in my mouth!"

Praying the Lord will give you understanding of this dream.

A note for Newbie.
Like you I am so glad for a forgiving heavenly Father. I have made serious mistakes by not confronting false teaching in love, but rather acting falsely myself. When I was a teenager there was a preacher in our church who wouldn't give up on altar calls to get saved until someone "came forward." Since he was preaching to the same people week after week the pool of responders tended to get smaller. Sometimes we would talk among ourselves about who was going to sacrifice themselves and "hit the sawdust trail" so we could get out of there. We were mocking the man, but we were also mocking the Lord by doing so. Dangerous territory.

We sometimes forget the utter holiness of the One we are dealing with. Ananias and Sapphira thought they could fake a work of the Holy Spirit by being dishonest. They lied; they died. As He is purifying His church I wouldn't be surprised if we see more dramatic reminders of the necessity of stewarding a move of the Holy Spirit with clean hands and a pure heart.

If we believe something is false or manipulative we need to be honest before God and man, to act in integrity and not come into agreement with whatever lying spirit is operating. By coming into alignment with it when we agree with its lies through our behavior I think we make ourselves vulnerable to all sorts of nastiness. I am convinced that the Lord never requires us to fake anything for Him. When we fake something it's because we are taking our eyes off Him and looking at something else.

I just thank Him that He is the God who gives you and I second chances.
...that I might know Him...
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

Greetings!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

I think this might relate to the medical treatment I sought recently. I "assumed" it would be the typical scientific, "agnostic" treatment--and I don't mean that to be blasphemous; God also works through doctors and wants us to take care of our bodies.

This medical facility--which is a well-known, well-respected institution in the medical/scientific community-- encourages alternative treatments such as yoga, tai chi, hypnopsis, etc. They offer these sorts of classes to the public and offer these sorts of podcast downloads to its members. I was caught off guard with one of the suggested treatments and actually considered going through with it. Then, of course, the Holy Spirit reminded me that some of those things are not of Him.

Amazing how the enemy can strike us when we're down and in unexpected ways and places. Let this be a warning to everyone to be on your "P's and Q's" and keep on the full armour of God -- even in places where you don't think you need to be armed.

Remember, if the enemy can get us out of the will of God, he got us. Christians often perish for lack of knowledge. So much unGodly practices are everywhere in our society. This is why it's important to be diligent and learn of what practices are not of God. Something simple like exercise--or some types of yoga actually involve worshipping other gods.

Many blessings...
Hannah
Platinum Member

Post by Hannah »

Interesting.... Thanks for sharing all! I didn't contribute, but learned a lot! Blessings....