What does it mean to dream of a funeral

Archives for 2011
divinelygolden7
Bronze Member

What does it mean to dream of a funeral

Post by divinelygolden7 »

I dreamed that I was attending my grandfather's funeral. My grandfather died in 2007, but the dreamed seem to be in the present tense.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello DG7, funeral's can be representative of something that is or has come to an end. Grandparents maybe something that you may have inherited. Whatever, you may have inherited from him is now coming an end. Hopes this helps, toss if does not fit.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Hello, divinelygolden7. Do you recall any details of the dream?

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
divinelygolden7
Bronze Member

Yes, all I can call to mind was we as in my family and I were preparing for my Grandfather’s funeral. I never saw the actual funeral or arrangements. I just knew we were and that it was in present tense. No one was crying which was unusual for my family. I remember setting food on the table and my grandmother (his wife) who has now passed was there also . My aunts were acting callous. I whispered something into my mother’s ear- concerning how my aunts were acting. My cousin was attempting to hear and listen to what I was saying to my mother, but I told my mother I would speak with her later. It seem as though my younger brother was there, but then he wasn’t.. My mother wanted him to be there so she asked me would I call him and ask him to come. I refused. I said, he is a grown man now and it’s time to stop treating him like a baby. I said a couple of days ago I thought of sending him $50.00 (which I really did in real life). I said to her the Lord told me “no” because that’s what’s wrong you’re babying him and running him for a good woman. After that I begin to start putting the food on the table for the guess. I asked my aunt who was also doing so, if I was doing it right. She was aloof and mean. My mother mention to her about her attitude being rude. I chimed in and agreed. She said to me, Leave me alone” and I woke up to my phone ringing in real life.
divinelygolden7
Bronze Member

So I think Newbie may be right and on to something. Perhaps something are coming to and end
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

Greetings!

Some generational issue is coming to an end. Generational issues can visit families to the 3rd or 4th generation. You, in this case, are the 3rd generation. Perhaps something you did (e.g., fast, prayed, etc.) put an end to the issue and the dream is confirmation of it.

See (Exodus 34:6-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10)

Many blessings...
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Thank you, dg7, for answering my question & sharing details. Praying here for revelation.

In the meantime, you might find this link helpful. It is always wise to consider symbolism within the context of the dream.

blessings on you,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17