"seller of purple"

Archives for 2011
spiritledd
Diamond Member

"seller of purple"

Post by spiritledd »

a woman was moving i was helping i was advising her on the washing of drapes
i saw upper and lower drapes …i was telling her wash uppers first then the lowers

someone went #2 outside on the job site so they got fired ...and i got their job …i was rolling up a blanket of many colors given to me by someone

i heard the voice of the Lord say "seller of purple" as i was rolling up the blanket
also grease got on my robe

i overheard a man saying there were two jobs open at the airport tarring runways
then i was driving a big truck and the truck ahead took off real fast, so i put the hammer down

WOW did that truck have some POWER!!!! ...but the man with me scolded me saying “don't go over the speed limit”

i was taking him home …we pulled up to a window …a woman was in a toll booth. she said “move it …i can't see” …then there was an argument about whether to hire me to "run the window” …just because i was family
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

i heard the voice of the Lord say "seller of purple" as i was rolling up the blanket
also grease got on my robe
Acts: 16:14, And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Purple being the most precious and expensive colour to make/get at the time.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Purple dye was also traditionally used in a stripe on the tallit -or prayer shawl. There is some controversy over the source of this purple dye, but it was rare and expensive.

The point is, that it adorned a prayer shawl which represented personal prayer and covering. It's expense pointed out the value of prayer.

I have also read that the translation in English that Paul was a tent maker is not accurate. Many believe he was a tallit maker, the tallit being a kind of personal tent.

The fringe of the tallit was the "hem" the woman with the issue of blood touched,

The tzitzit:
The Torah states in Numbers 15:38: "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them, that they shall make themselves fringes on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and they shall put on the corner fringe a blue (tekhelet) thread." Wearing the tzitzit is also commanded in Deuteronomy 22:12: "You shall make yourself twisted threads, on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself."

Fringes, tzitziyot, today are attached to the tallit and tallit katan. The tallit katan itself is commonly referred to as tzitzit. According to the Torah, the purpose of wearing tzitzit is to remind Jews of their religious obligations. In addition, it serves as a reminder of the Exodus from Egypt (Numbers 15:40).
The dye:
The Hebrew Bible tells Jews to wear tzitzyot colored with tekhelet. According to the Talmud, tekhelet (תכלת) which appears 48 times in the Tanakh—translated by the Septuagint as iakinthos (blue)—is a specific dye of blue produced from a creature referred to as a chilazon, other blue dyes being unacceptable (Tosefta). At some point in Jewish history, the source of the dye was lost and since then, Jews have worn plain white tzitzyot without any dyes. Some explain the black stripes found on many traditional prayer shawls as representing the loss of this dye.

In the last two centuries, a number of attempts have been made to identify the ancient source of the dye using relevant Talmudic sources and to resume dying the threads.

Generally speaking, the vast majority of Haredim continue to wear only white tzitzyot without any dye, following their poskim (decisors of Jewish law), most of whom maintain that it is better to use no dye at all rather than rely on uncertain scientific finds. Some, such as Rabbi Yosef Sholom Eliashiv, say that is problematic to wear the dyed string if it is not truly tekhelet. Others, including some religious Zionist poskim (particularly the group known as Hardalim), believe there is no objection to wearing colored strands, even if the color would not be the real tekhelet.
The colors of the flag of Israel derive from the tallit
The colors of the flag of Israel derive from the tallit

In remembrance of the commandment to use the tekhelet dye, it became common for Jews to have blue or purple stripes on their tallit.[2] It was what inspired the Zionist movement's design for the flag of Israel.

Three candidates have been proposed as the source of the dye. For various reasons, no candidate has been unanimously accepted by all though over the past decade the Murex trunculus (mollusk) dye has enjoyed great acceptance.

Chilazon

The chilazon is the animal from which the tekhelet dye was obtained by the ancient Israelites according to rabbinic tradition. An important description of the chilazon comes from the Talmud:[3]

Its body is like the sea.
Its creation is like a fish.
It "comes up" once in 70 years,
Its "blood" is used for tekhelet,
Therefore: It is expensive.

Other criteria (with Talmudic references):

The fishers of the chilazon are from Haifa to Tyre (Shabbat 26a)
The color of the chilazon dye is identical to that produced from the dye of the kela ilan plant (Indigoferra tinctoria), which served as a counterfeit source of the dye (Baba Metzia 61b)
Cracking open the shell of the chilazon on Shabbat violates the laws of Shabbat (Shabbat 75a)
The shell of the chilazon grows together with it (Midrash Shir haShirim Rabbah 4:11)
The blood of the chilazon is the color of tekhelet (Rashi, Tractate Chulin 89a)
The blood of the chilazon is black like ink (Maimonides Hilchot Tzitzit 2:2)
The chilazon buries itself in the sand (Megila 6a)
It is an invertebrate (Jerusalem Talmud Sabbath 1:3 8a)
So what stands out to me in your dream are the elements of prayer and power. Grease on robe may be the oil of the Holy Spirit at work. A mark that doesn't come off. The window can represent the prophetic. Tarring runways may be about intercession that prepares the conditons that allow others to move in the higher spiritual realm. The blanket of many colors is like Joseph's coat -a mantle of favour. The person who went #2 abused their position and it is being offered to you, but you are cautioned not to go over your limits -perhaps a warning to not do anything that is not based on faith. Washing the drapes may have something to do with cleaning up and protecting the environment of the prophetic. Take care of the higher things first.

This is not a little dream.

-for your discernment-
...that I might know Him...
Elle

Post by Elle »

I have also read that the translation in English that Paul was a tent maker is not accurate. Many believe he was a tallit maker, the tallit being a kind of personal tent.
That's interesting! It's always struck me a strange that Paul was a tent maker. I always had a question mark in my mind about that.
spiritledd
Diamond Member

thank you

Post by spiritledd »

thank you to all for great input ...i feel very very blessed :D