Is Everything a Symbol?

Archives for 2011
psalms91lady

Is Everything a Symbol?

Post by psalms91lady »

Please understand I'm asking this question because I'm truly curious.

Is everything in a spiritual dream symbolic? Can't a tree just be a tree, or an event just an event? Is there always a symbolic meaning?

I mean can't a number, just be a number, instead of having some different meaning?

It seems that every dream I've had or any time I've been given an interpretation, it's pretty straightforward, often with references found in the Bible.

Just curious...

Thank you,
Psalms91Lady
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

I believe this is dependent on the dreamer. However, I have found that sometimes dreams maybe multilayered with various meanings. For example, you look at your dream and get a meaning from it; however, someone may look at and get another message that you may have overlooked. Sometimes a dream can be straightforward. I have had dreams in which the dream was straightforward for a particuliar moment and then I am rged to look over that same dream way down the road and the meaning of the dream has changed. Did you ask the Lord to specifically give you straightforward dreams? These are just some thoughts to take into consideration because I am not an interpretor and new this myself, toss out if you disagree. God bless!!
psalms91lady

Post by psalms91lady »

Thanks for the answer. I do know what you mean about multi-layered too.

Thank you,
Psalms91Lady
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

Hi Psalms, you asked [ Is everything in a spiritual dream symbolic? Can't a tree just be a tree, or an event just an event? Is there always a symbolic meaning? ]

I would think first determine if the dream is a spiritual symbolic dream as you know we have different kinds of dreams.

When I wake up and start writing down my dream I start with the things that stand out most I try to get it all down as soon as I can and keep a journal so I can reflect on past dreams as the Lord brings them to mind for me to reflect on. I found over time that we dream in sequence and the dreams we have are about us and our walk and with him.

I think all dreams are symbolic some maybe more then others, when we are in prayer and seeking the lord He can send dreams to us to help us to walk with him, I think dreams are only one way the lord communicate with us. When we seek dreams to understand what He wants from us then he will send dreams.
Remember Daniel, two dreams he interpret, dreams from two other people, the cup bearer and cook. They could not interpret there own dreams but Daniel could, why ? He walks with the Lord they didn't
Moses on the Mountain, the Lord spoke to him face to face when he came down he was shinning like the Lord, the people could not face him so he put a vail on his face.

And meany times we don't understand the dreams we get, why. the thing that comes to mind here are dreams are like parables [ like the parables of Jesus, the meaning of a dream is sometimes hidden ]
But I assure you the closer we walk with him the more He will reveal and teach us and before you know it we will be like Moses and Daniel .

Blessing in the Lord

DB