Dream of fire & flood

Archives for 2011
AngieLynn

Dream of fire & flood

Post by AngieLynn »

I would appreciate help with interpreting this dream.

I was on a higher floor of a high rise building in a city. Looking out the window I saw that there were several different buildings on fire with flames coming out. Then a flood came in and put out the fires. Water came all the way up to the floor I was on and it was up to my ankles. I realized that the fires were being put out by the water.

I don't remember if I thought this during the dream or as I was waking but I wondered if the people on the lower floors could have survived the water.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Angie, greetings and welcome to TEHILLAH :mrgreen:

i DON'T HAVE THE WONDERFUL GIFT OF INTERP. BUT THIS THOUGHT DID CROSS MY MIND..... THE ONLY WATERS THAT I COULD THINK OF THAT COULD LITERALLY REACH TO THOSE HEIGHTS WOULD BE A TSUNAMI.

Tsunami are large waves caused by sudden movement of the ocean due to earthquakes, landslides, large volcanic eruptions or meteorite impact in the ocean.

If this doesn't fit, please toss.

again, welcome to Tehillah :D

Elijahs Task
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
Diamond Member

Re: Dream of fire & flood

Post by Newbie »

Hello AngieLynn and welcome to the board, these are just some thoughts, so toss if miss the mark.
AngieLynn wrote: I was on a higher floor of a high rise building in a city. Looking out the window I saw that there were several different buildings on fire with flames coming out. Then a flood came in and put out the fires. Water came all the way up to the floor I was on and it was up to my ankles. I realized that the fires were being put out by the water.
I don't remember if I thought this during the dream or as I was waking but I wondered if the people on the lower floors could have survived the water.
Windows to me speaks as a revelation and the Lord is going to give you a revelation in regards to what you are seeing. The fires here speaks to me as a "strange fire". Remember when Aaron's sons were struck down because they had put on strange fire on the altar? I believe that buildings may represent several people that are operating in "strange fire" or a group of churches; however, the Lord is getting ready to put their fire. The flood brings to mind the story of the Great Flood in Genesis, in the Lord cleared out men because of their evil ways. Another thought could be trials and tribulations coming to an end for the building symbolism.
The water coming up to your ankles brings to mind the story of Jesus washing the feet of His disciples. Also, when I think of water, the Spirit comes to mind, so with that being said perhaps you will be walking in the Spirit and strengthening in your faith.
AngieLynn

Post by AngieLynn »

Thanks Elijah & Newbie,

I've been going through what seems like one trial after another. I wonder if my dream was some sort of warning. If so, I'm hoping it means we

I had this dream a short while back, and forgot about it when my husband had a dream yesterday that reminded me of it. He dreamed that he was flying to a foreign land, and he looked down to see that the homes were covered with water and he felt bad for everyone.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello again, with that being said that is why your ankles in the dream was speaking to me. Ankles can be symbolic of your faith and it looks like this trial will strengthened your faith. The flood is Spirit stepping in to remove anything that does not need to be and put out tht fire.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

greetings

I re-read your dream and the following statement really stood out to me:

I've been going through what seems like one trial after another. I wonder if my dream was some sort of warning. If so, I'm hoping it means we

I have some thoughts :wink:
but could you tell me who you meant by "we"?
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
AngieLynn

Post by AngieLynn »

oops - It looks like I didn't finish my sentence in my post. I meant to say that I'm hoping it means we come out all right. By "we" I'm referring to me and my husband.

I've been looking everywhere for where I wrote down this dream and I can't find it. I think my husband was with me during this dream, but I'm not positive.