Castle

Archives for 2011
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Castle

Post by Warrior Princess »

Going up a hill past a church to a very unique town (I remember seeing the pastor's wife at my old church). The houses in the village were very unique, almost Alpine looking? Or something like the Earl Young houses or those storybook cottages in California? (I'm researching this, I think it might be something called Provincial Revivalism, "Storybook Homes" and maybe connected to Normandy, France.) I went back down and realized it was a mountain and I was really excited that we had a beautiful mountain right here!

Then, my parents had moved into a very large amazing house, had the character of a castle. My room had a lot of stone in it giving it a lot of that castle character, fit for royalty/a princess. Me and my daughters were looking out the window at an annex that was very medieval, made of wood and straw, and I was explaining that I thought that was the garage or barn or stable or something, there were a lot of animals around there, several cats. Then, I am in my parents' bedroom, they hadn't arranged it yet. My sister and I were talking about the best way to arrange it. When I came back into the room, it was arranged very nicely. There were several sofas in the very large great room which had very high ceilings. I sat on a few to test them out, some were more comfy than others, one you could feel the boards underneath when you sat on it, one was a dark emerald green velvet. I was imagining how to arrange the furniture in there, wondering where my denim blue sofa was, thinking it would work great in there, and thinking my big framed beach picture would be great to hang in there.

Then, I am showing my dad these antique cabinets that had all the dishes and equipment for an ice cream shop, we had somehow gotten them from a guy at a shop (for some reason I want to say he looked like Ted Danson). I knew he would love them and I was thinking they'd go great in the kitchen.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."