Give Him The Next Baked Potato

Archives for 2011
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Give Him The Next Baked Potato

Post by Warrior Princess »

There was something on the kitchen table (can't remember what now). I heard, "Give him the next potato. Give him the next baked potato."

:?:
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

I keep getting the picture in my head of tossing the potato from hand to hand (hot potato) Potatos are a root and whenever I cook them up I think about how the skin is still on and how it is so much healthier. When I was young I played a game at a friends house called hot potato but can't remember the rules to the game anymore.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Tossing it back and forth, hmm....so maybe it's my turn. But what could the potato represent?
~Warrior Princess
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

I do not know...but if the potato is handed to you then it would be hot and it would go from one hand to the next and it would happen fast without much thought :)
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

Now that I think about it...tossing it from hand to hand makes the heat easier to handle....Kinda like you and God (right and left) are working together. So if we take something in life and make it the potato ............

Please toss if this does not witness (no pun intended :) )
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Hmmm....just can't figure out what the potato is. :?
~Warrior Princess
freedinHim
Gold Member

Post by freedinHim »

Potato, like most dream elements, has multiple meanings. As a vegetable, it may stand for the fruit of one's labor. On the other hand, potato may also stand for earthly treasures.
Remain blessed.
Yours
Freed In Him
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Still chewing...the idea was that they were saying to give him the next potato that came out of the oven I think...because he didn't get any of the food or something...may have been referring to the friend I was praying about just before I fell asleep and had the dream.
~Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Ohhhhh! For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. Matthew 25:35

Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty. "Not a ROOT or a branch will be left to them. Malachi 4:1

Hmmm...
~Warrior Princess
spiritledd
Diamond Member

baked potatos

Post by spiritledd »

huh ...i have not eaten a baked potato in years ...but last night a friend of mine cooked me two double baked potatos and brought them over to my house ...best potatos i ever ate :D also potato comes from under ground like roots
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

You know ... a friend of mine came to town to visit me recently ....

He's a single guy and I'm single, so I don't typically have single guys over to my place alone. He bought me lunch and dinner and he wanted to go to the mall and we found him a great deal on shoes (used my coupon savvy LOL).

But maybe there was something I was supposed to do for him...or supposed to do next time...?

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

Right after he left, I was half asleep and an angel visited and whispered to me something like, was the one who visited you invited? Hmmm...am I being too prudish or something?
~Warrior Princess
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat
Almost every time i see or hear the above scripture,

i think of sharing the gospel with people because the word is

referred to as spiritual food and drink many times such as this:

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

also Jesus said spoke of food as being work in this scripture:

John 4:31-34

" 31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Jesus also said HE IS food when HE said "I am the bread of life"

So, I guess the point I'm getting at

is I believe the potato is the word of God (sharing Jesus with someone who needs to hear more about God)

possibly this is a person who has already gone beyond milk in their spiritual walk and now they need meat and potatoes?

Toss what doesn't fit!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Hmm...well when I look at all my dreams together and everything the Lord has been saying...I'm not sure how that fits. I have been talking to him about the "new meat" I've been getting ... Hebrew ROOTS. LOL One dream I had about him visiting, I answered a call for Father from him, he wanted to know how to get reimbursed for his mileage, but when I hung up they had called EMS and put him in the back of a pick up truck covered with a blanket and his "bad influence friend" had been bound.

I also had a dream that I was in a fellowship hall/church basement and the new guy who was a bit overweight said we couldn't do things the old way anymore, that the "programs" (which I think are mindsets) were "too white" (too pure, too prudish or religious maybe?) and I was trying to figure out how to put on a sandal.

So I am missing something here...

I think from what I was given today, I will have another chance though, whatever it is. I think that maybe he is bringing restoration of several things at once--relationships, ministry, finances, etc.--and I'm having a hard time keeping them straight. LOL
~Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Welp, I was reading an article about Joseph and Potiphar's wife and purity according to Jewish law.

"Jewish law forbids an unmarried and unrelated man and woman to be alone together. Even if there is no impropriety between them, the mere fact that they are secluded together in a place where the potential for impropriety exists is regarded as adulterous." Orthodox believes any physical contact is expressly forbidden. "Modern societal norms regard such scruples as prudish and unrealistic."

The article quotes Paul, "Flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." 2 Tim 2:22

There's lots of other scriptures to support that...some temptations you just stand, some you just don't fight because you can't win. Like this one, you are to flee. You don't flirt with danger! So I think I did the right thing and that's a word for the future as well.

So I'm thinking the potato has to represent something else. I did take him to church as the Lord instructed, so I wouldn't think it was about a lack of spiritual food either, although that's not to say there won't be more.
~Warrior Princess