terrible dreams lately!

Archives for 2011
thewritingmommy
Gold Member

terrible dreams lately!

Post by thewritingmommy »

i wake feeling angry or sad or just icky for the past couple of weeks. I can only remember snippets of the dream but it plays in my head like a bad movie i can't stop.

in one i am bound and raped- by a colleague of my husbands who orders it done by another person while he watches. oh my that is a horrible dream. (in the dream, i don't know this person in real life)

in the same night i woke after dreaming that i was teaching or sharing my book but i was topless and trying to cover myself up but i couldn't do it fast enough. (i kinda get that one, i do feel rather exposed with this new book project)

another was just vicious and mean but i can't remember the dream , just the feelings of being threatened boht physically and emotionally, maybe verbally. just a feeling of dread and anger and fear and all of those bad feelings.

could it just be an attack from the enemy to deter me from writing this book or might it be God trying to tell me something? Doesn't feel like my Lord and Savior, but i know in the Torah His anger was pretty severe. Not that i can think of anything i've done to make Him mad at me.
TheWritingMommy
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

I'm writing a book also....and I have been going through alot of what you are going through...I've decided to take a few days off from writing because I so don't want to write the wrong thing....I want Gods hand to be on mine hand while I write. Hmmmm....
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi twm
Could it just be an attack from the enemy to deter me from writing this book or might it be God trying to tell me something? Doesn't feel like my Lord and Savior, but i know in the Torah His anger was pretty severe. Not that i can think of anything i've done to make Him mad at me.
I can guarantee you it's not God doing this to you. First of all, look to how God related to Abraham. He could be a real dufus, but God was totally patient with him.

God's relationship with the Jews was different because He didn't want the rules anyway, He wanted relationship. The Jews were frightened of Him so THEY decided they'd rather try to do it themselves. So God said OK. Rules were made. They stuffed it up big time. But they were also pretty rebellious and totally forgot about Him.

We are under a new and better covenant (God's words). And God's wrath was poured out on Jesus. Not on you.

IMPORTANT: GOD IS NOT ANGRY WITH YOU. DON'T EVER BELIEVE THAT HE IS.

If He wants you to change something, He'll tell you. And it will be for your own benefit. You'll end up feeling better.
In one i am bound and raped- by a colleague of my husbands who orders it done by another person while he watches. oh my that is a horrible dream. (in the dream, i don't know this person in real life)
I don't believe this is literal. I suspect that it's someone/something who is just trying to humiliate you. It could be spiritual.

I'm thinking this applies to the other dreams you're having.

This is all speaking to me that you need to spend time learning Who God is to you, know who you are in Christ.

There is a list going around where someone has pulled out all the scriptures which say who you are in Christ. Try to find that and go over and over and over it until your mind is renewed. Meditate on it.

The sooner you KNOW that 'God is for you, so who can be against you' then the sooner these dreams will disappear.

I remember MANY years ago having a nightmare where this thing was trying to attach itself to me. It woke me up. I heard 'God is angry with you'. There was venom in the words. I thought 'no He's not'. And immediately the thing went.

Now (even this week) I hear God telling me how pleased He is with me. THAT IS YOUR GOD.