2 dreams - roofs & magistrate

Archives for 2011
Elle

2 dreams - roofs & magistrate

Post by Elle »

OK I had a couple of funny (strange) short dreams this morning. Not sure if these dreams are from God or not. But they were quite clear and colourful.

FIRST ONE

IRL I'm friends on facebook with a few people from school (school was a long time ago). Yesterday I saw one of the girls I remember from school (Melinda) on facebook, but we aren't friends on facebook.

Dream... I dreamt I 'friended' her. She came to my house along with some others from school (nameless, faceless except for one mutual friend). She disappeared onto the roof. When she finally came down I think I asked her why she was on the roof. It turns out she had an addiction/psychological problem where she had to go onto people's roofs. She seemed quite at ease with her problem.

Then she made a joke 'all my friends have the best roofs'. And everyone laughed.

The meaning was that all her friends had good roofs because when she'd go on their roofs she'd spot the problems, come and tell them and they'd get it fixed.

But the point was her psychological problem. It was like everyone knew about it, accepted it, and were able to laugh even though it was a real issue.

NEXT DREAM

IRL I know an older couple. The husband is a magistrate. The wife is a really strong stable type person.

I dreamt that they separated and the husband just moved into my house with my family. He just turned up. I seemed OK with it, but still wondering what was going on. Someone else in my family was a bit unsure of what was going on.

The focus was on the magistrate being in our lounge-room.

At some point at the beginning of the dream, I also had a focus on the front lawn - looking out at it from inside the house out to my right.

Then i got my hair cut short and sort of spikey - a structured cut that needs a lot of upkeep. There was a scene where I'm able to see my hair as if I'm looking on myself from another person.

At some point in the dream, the magistrate worked in the same office as myself (not any place I work or have worked IRL) - an open plan type office. I remember some pale blue walls. The office was light, and fairly nice actually (ordinarily I hate open plan offices). We seemed to go to the office once in the dream.

Then we (myself and the magistrate) went to the magistrate's house - a quite grandiose house. His wife was there. I expected them to talk about whatever they wanted to talk about. I needed to use the loo. I was directed to a door under the staircase. I was a bit hesitant, but, yep there was a loo in there. A sort of small space for a toilet.

I'm using the loo, but there was a problem? Can't remember what. Having trouble with the loo paper? Something like that.

I was aware that the wife could see me, even though there were no windows and the door was closed. It was like we could both see through the door.

I just remember she was a bit angry as you would expect a wife to be who's separated from her husband.

END

Not sure if these dreams mean anything or if they're just jumble?!!!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Elle, I have some thoughts on the 1st dream but will post if I get anything on the 2nd later on.
The name Melinda has several possible meanings: honey; black and beautiful; soft tender, etc... So I am not sure if the name could be symbolic or not. As I am typing, a thought just came to me, perhaps it is how she may potray herself to be. Anyway, what you have described is what is known in psychology as ego-syntonic. This is when a person who is aware they have a disorder; however, they do not see anything wrong with it. Moreover, these types have a tendency to view others as having a problem and not themselves. From what I gathered the roofs are symbolic of the mind or thought process. It appears that Melinda like to get into people's head and play mind games. Melinda knows that everyone is good to go but she points out that something is wrong with them when in fact this is the contrary. Hence Melinda is ego-syntonic. I wanted to add, that most people who are ego-syntonic have a tendency to be narcissitic and this personality type interferes with social relationships and can be dangerous. (I had to do a semester of personality psychology and clinical psychology, that is why I am able to recall this). So I believe that this is a forewarning. I just decided to reopen my FB account and I do it mainly for prayer and fellowshipping. But I must say even on the pages I go to, I have people that I do not know what to "friend me" and I have to turn down their invite (wolves in sheep clothing comes to mind when on FB). Toss out if it does not speak. God bless!!!
Elle

Post by Elle »

Anyway, what you have described is what is known in psychology as ego-syntonic. This is when a person who is aware they have a disorder; however, they do not see anything wrong with it. Moreover, these types have a tendency to view others as having a problem and not themselves. From what I gathered the roofs are symbolic of the mind or thought process. It appears that Melinda like to get into people's head and play mind games. Melinda knows that everyone is good to go but she points out that something is wrong with them when in fact this is the contrary. Hence Melinda is ego-syntonic. I wanted to add, that most people who are ego-syntonic have a tendency to be narcissitic and this personality type interferes with social relationships and can be dangerous.
Hi Newbie,

Yeah I didn't get the feeling that her name was symbolic of anything. The dream about her was quite lucid and detailed - close to reality (unlike the magistrate dream which was very symbolic).

And everything you've said here fits with what I was thinking - that it's a forewarning. I had wondered whether I should friend her, but ... maybe not! :) Except I hadn't gotten as far as thinking 'mind games'. I forget that people do that for fun.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

So how did you felt about the 2nd dream?
Elle

Post by Elle »

The second dream was interesting and quite strange in some ways.

I'm not entirely sure what it's about.

I was thinking about the couple. I believe their separation means something important. I suspect that somehow their characters and personalities are important. E.g. I need to take on something of the magistrate, but separate out something of his wife.

I need to take that magistrate characteristic into my work (the office with the blue walls - which was beautiful and clear and fresh looking).

The magistrate's house was grand and elegant.

Then the going to the loo symbolism. Cleansing, but having trouble with the paperwork. Ha :lol: how I hate paperwork.