Help. white cake dream????

Archives for 2011
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

Help. white cake dream????

Post by thesharpeningstone »

Dreamed I needed a recipe for a white cake.

??????
No idea what his may mean.
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

Angel food? There is a Christmas tradition where people make a three layered cake. The first is chocolate, representing sin. The second is raspberry, representing the blood of Jesus. The third one white, representing our being cleansed by the blood.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6
Elle

Post by Elle »

Who's tradition is that?
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

I think it may be a Lutheran tradition starting in Norway. I may be very wrong. My daughter told me about it just a few weeks ago. someone was speaking at her youth group meeting and shared the significance of the cake.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Baking things is a form of worship in Biblical context. It was a part of the sacrificial system required by Yahweh, and it was also practiced by pagans in worship to their gods. Jeremiah talks about Israel's idolatry in worship, the women were baking cakes to the "Queen of Heaven," a pagan goddess which is called by many names even today, such as Mary worship in Catholicism, etc.

I'm seeing your need for the recipe as needing information on many pagan traditions that have crept into the Christian church so that you can be able to worship him as he desires to be worshiped, in purity without mixture, in Spirit and TRUTH.

It's a wedding cake! This "cleaning up" of our worship is preparing us as the Bride without spot and wrinkle for the Wedding Feast of the Bride to the Lamb. He's coming!
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

Post by thesharpeningstone »

There was a part of the dream i forgot. The recipe i had been using had chocolate, eggs and corn. I needed a recipe without those items.

Warrior princess you may be right.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Ok, the corn took me a minute to figure out. LOL

But what I am thinking is: candy corn, easter eggs, and the traditional chocolate candy labeled for all the holidays or it could be about the brown (dead) color vs the purity of the white. I think this might be a reference to the Greek/Roman holy-day system vs the biblical Hebrew feasts that Yahweh established.

As a side note, I recently was convicted about candy specifically labeled for halloween as being food sacrificed to idols, and it just occurred to me that just like eggs, candy corn is a seed...which is part of fertility goddess worship.

If you need some resources on the pagan vs Hebrew feasts let me know. :)
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."