Building Up In GA???

Archives for 2011
Diamond Member

Building Up In GA???

Post by Newbie »

In a small Georgia town and on the corner on my left hand side (if I am facing north this would be west) is this huge 2 story house with many rooms. I could see actually see inside it. There were well dressed mature black men and women dressed in off white. They looked like they were dressed to go to church. They were preparing a huge Sunday dinner and I recalled seeing a long table with the feast. The table looked like it could at least 50 people. However, I noticed that the roof right above the doorway needed fixing because it was severely damaged and when it rained it would badly leaked. On my right (directly across the street), was a group of older and grand black women building what looked a roof. However, it was in the ground. I asked if this was the roof for the building across the street and I was told no, it was for the house they was building there. The roof was in the ground and covered by tarp. They were building that way to connect the pieces and I assume would lift it later. I recalled seeing new furniture and accessories for the house being stored in different parts of this ceiling. It was covered by plastic. I recalled that Hal Williams (227 and Private Benjamin) was talking to me and then he showed disgust towards the roof of the building on the left. He stated that they needed to fix that because it made the house unattractive. I also recalled that Gladys Knight was one of the women on the right. I recalled that it was rainy and muddy and this place was on a corner. I recalled that it was next to a wooded area and the only 2 buildings in the area. However, it was not in a residential area but a business area. The place is familiar to me because I had travelled on this road many times before (but this was in VA not GA) and it was for business. EOD
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Still meditating over this dream. From what I gather this is in regards to churches in general. On the left side, the residents of this house is preparing a large meal and they are dressed for the occasion. The house is huge and accomodating; however, there is serious damage in the roof area (the head). On the right side, the people are going about building up the house wrong. They are building the roof and have the furniture, etc.. but they do not have the foundation (the actual house) built. They have everything but the foundation.
I thought perhaps that maybe this is in regards to one of the 7 churches in Revelations; however, none seem to apply. I discovered that Gladys literally means "lame" and Hal means "leader of an army". I am unable to grasp the possible meaning of this dream. Could it simply mean the current state of the churches? Any thoughts???
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

Greetings!

I'd say that this could represent the church where you attend now or have attended in the past. The Holy Spirit is bringing something to your awareness through discernment.

Houses usually represent people's lives. It could also represent a family line, too.

Point 1 - Image
However, I noticed that the roof right above the doorway needed fixing because it was severely damaged and when it rained it would badly leaked.
A doorway is an entry point. In this context, I'd say the "way" to the church or the "way" to Christ. A roof can represent a covering and protection from the elements. Rain can represent the elements of the world that can be damaging to the inside of the house. Meaning that the roof can be symbolic of something that would protect a person or family from anything from the outside like rain (hardships that can be emotionally draining).

First, it seems like folks were coming over for Sunday dinner (the Word). Because the area above the doorway was damaged, I'd say that people who attempt to join the church get harmed by the "elements" instead of being protected from the "elements."

If bad storms of life come to those who attend the church -- or to the church itself -- the people won't have proper protection against the elements. A really bad storm could wipe it out because the protection of God is not there.

Point 2 - Inappropriate Behavior

...was a group of older and grand black women building what looked a roof. However, it was in the ground. I asked if this was the roof for the building across the street and I was told no, it was for the house they was building there. The roof was in the ground and covered by tarp. They were building that way to connect the pieces and I assume would lift it later.

The women thought they were doing the right thing. However, whatever their actions represent are done out of order, it's out of place, and doesn't make sense (pieces don't fit); they're out of line, though they think what they're doing is right. Their intentions might be good, but their actions won't really help people when they need help or where they need help.

The roof is covered anyway, so it's even more of little use to anyone. These people appear busy and appear to be doing what's right. However, it seems that you're at a point of "seeing through" their actions and motives. Things are starting not to make sense to you.

I recalled that Hal Williams (227 and Private Benjamin) was talking to me and then he showed disgust towards the roof of the building on the left. He stated that they needed to fix that because it made the house unattractive.
Hal Williams' character on 227 was that of a good, decent family man. In the dream, he could represent the Father. So, the Father believes that the actions taken will make "the House" look bad. He also seem to disapprove of the way in which the so-called repairs were being done. All around, the "house" or church looks very bad.

Reallly, instead of giving the appearance of providing protection/covering for folks (act of building the roof incorrectly) and inviting folks to dinner in a broken house (gettng folks to dinner/the Word), some real repair work is in order.

Point 3 - Church as a Business
You also mention the business area. This is right on...the church is more of a business and not a place where folks can go to get covered or fed the Word.

In Summary
-People want the Word (Sunday dinner), but they could get harmed by the elements of the church as a result
-This particular church doesn't have sufficient covering to protect the people or itself
-Those in position appear to be doing helpful acts, but those actions make people question their competence
-Those in position are busy, but their actions are in vain because they don't actually benefit anyone or the church as a whole
-The church is now zoned as "business"
-All of this can turn folks off from wanting to get the Word

Many blessings...[/list]
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thank you so much GAangel, your words are a confirmation on some things I have been thinking about. I will be in prayer over this and may He bless you sevenfold. God bless!!!
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

Greetings!

It seems like you've pulled out what you need from this dream. However, this thought keeps popping into my head.

In regard to building the roof in the ground...

Whatever actions those in position take--
--At a later time, it will take others a lot of time, money and effort to correct their mistakes.
--At a later time, it might mean that whatever they're building will need to be torn down and started over from scratch.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

My sentiments exactly. I will stay pray to see if this is in general or something specific. Thanks again!!!