Praying but God ans. w/something unrelated

Archives for 2011
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Praying but God ans. w/something unrelated

Post by ElijahsTask »

I read my Bible EVERY night before going to bed, and pray till I fall asleep.

In my SILENT prayer to the Lord, I asked if He would let me know if I have diabetes. I KNOW HE would know and trust Him to answer me either in a dream, vision, word of knowledge.... something, BUT INSTEAD...................

HE allowed me to have a dream so totally, and yes, i am very very 100% sure the dream I had was UNRELATED TO MY PRAYER REQUEST..........

WHY would that be? I asked, so far, no answer.......

HAS ANY ONE HERE HAD THAT BEFORE? :|

Thank you for ANY insight here

ET
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

yes!

His thoughts are not our thoughts and his priorities are often not our priorities.

I have struggled with a particular problem for years, but it seems when I have gone to him about it in desperation (again), pleading for victory over something I think is obvious, He brings up another issue in my dreams -like how I prioritize my volunteer time or how I meet my husband's needs.

Also, sometimes the thing that concerns us has roots in what seems, to us, like an entirely unrelated issue. It may actually be related.

I don't get it, but OK...

(This is also weird. I know people who have seen angels. About three times now I have seriously prayed that I might also be able to see them -other than in dreams, like, for real. Every single time my request has been denied --but within 48 hours someone in my immediate family has phoned me up, incredibly excited, because, guess what? they just had an angelic visitation! I don't get it, but OK...)
...that I might know Him...
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Charys, my beloved sis, thank you for your response.

I had the thought too that tho is ''SEEMS" totally unrelated it is POSSIBLE it may be

to me though, this one is right up there with trying to get an onion to taste like a potatoe :wink:

thank you again

ET
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Yes, quite often.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Piano, Greetings

Thank you for your feed back..... is that yes, it happens, yes it happens and it is related to the dream as odd as that is? or, both
:D
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Lol..Um.

What I pray about or specifically ask an answer for does not always become clear directly after the request.
The way He does things and the way I wished He did are more often than not very different.

I am wondering if it is because you felt you asked in faith that He would answer..and why He did not?

I am curious though, because your request is one you can discover the answer to by other means..available...unless health care isn't available to you, which I also understand...

And editing this in because part of me thinks I am not getting the question right...lol

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.