little wine tipped cigars

Archives for 2012
fishbreath
Gold Member

little wine tipped cigars

Post by fishbreath »

I keep dreaming about wine tipped cigarettes or cigarillos. can they be positive? If I’m falling into unforgiveness or pride, the Lord usually gives me dreams with me smoking cigarettes so I’m wondering if wine tipped cigarettes may be some positive connotation of smoking? Or maybe it means something that looks Godly but isn’t? = confused :shock:
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

good catch on the cigarettes symbolic of rebellion. Walking in unforgiveness or pride is a form of rebellion as the Lord commands us to repent from those sins. As for wine dipped or wine tipped I would take that as a negative symbol that would stand for a drug or a teaching that is being rebellious that you are taking in, or as a somewhat positive symbol in that it would sweeten or mask the rebellion so it seems like something sweeter than it really is. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

thanks bj, I always am alert when i have smoking dreams as they're a definite warning.
is there ever a positive side to cigarettes I wonder? most symbolism has a few different sides to them. any idea if there's ever positive to cigarettes?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I have not seen a positive symbol for smoking yet. But I am reminded that any symbolism can also be culturally context sensitive. I.e. if I am in a culture that doesn't see smoking as wrong or harmful and I do it all the time, then the symbol of smoking in a dream would seen just as a normal everyday activity. I have found that the Holy Spirit is very careful to meet each person exactly where they are at and that everybody will have a unique symbolism that the Holy Spirit will use with them. ie if a person sees wine tipped cigars as as treat or as relaxation then that symbol could mean that to them.
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

I hear ya. I'm confused because in the dream it is two very Godly people who are giving out these wine-tipped cigarellos to a group of people and I say to the girl next to me, "Are you going to take one? because I'm a believer and I'm not going to take one"

so you can see my confusion. could it be that someone who is Godly may mistakenly encourage pride or bitterness which looks like Godliness?
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

hmm i had another dream with the wine tipped cigarellos. I know cigarettes can represent 'bitter memories' so I'm wondering if the wine tipped ones may represent bitter memories which have been somehow sweetened by the Lord so as not to be too hard to deal with maybe