National Grasshopper Day

Archives for 2007
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

National Grasshopper Day

Post by ArisenShine »

What might that mean in a dream?

Someone said it like it was a national holiday, right around the corner, and it was called "National Grasshopper Day". This (dream)was the morning after Thanksgiving.

:shock: ideas?
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

First thing I thought of was the story of the ant and the grasshopper, and as I thought about that, these words came to mind - "reap where you did not sow"....... sounds good to me!

blessings
tal
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Reminds me of the twelve who were sent to search out Canaan, or more specifically, of Caleb. The men who went with him reported, "We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

What the majority failed to see was that the inhabitants were like grasshoppers in God's eyes.

Hmm...the Promised Land was, at that time, literally right around the corner and yet... the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years because of their unfaithfulness.

something to think about

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Tal,
That got my interest, but I don't recall ever hearing that story. Can you share it, please?

Discerning,
I too, thought of that portion of scripture. Then I like to believe that since a 'holiday' is a celebration, that those with a 'grasshopper' self-image would finally rise up and know their God is with them, and they are (with HIM) WELL ABLE to take the land!

Just the way my mind works.

Thanks, ladies,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

I like to believe that since a 'holiday' is a celebration, that those with a 'grasshopper' self-image would finally rise up and know their God is with them, and they are (with HIM) WELL ABLE to take the land!
Amen!!

here's the story

Aesop's Fables
Translated by George Fyler Townsend
The Ants and the Grasshopper
The ants were spending a fine winter's day drying grain collected in the summertime. A Grasshopper, perishing with famine, passed by and earnestly begged for a little food. The Ants inquired of him, "Why did you not treasure up food during the summer?' He replied, "I had not leisure enough. I passed the days in singing." They then said in derision: "If you were foolish enough to sing all the summer, you must dance supperless to bed in the winter."
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

I recall the story now.
Self-righteous li'l ants :lol:

The grasshopper reminds me of the prodigal son in the bible.
And apparently the ants don't read their bible, or they'd know that 'it is GOD who gives the ability to gain wealth'.

What about the rich man and Lazarus the beggar? And Nebuchadnezzar, where he didn't glorify God for what he had, but rather gloried in what 'his own hands/ingenuity had built'....and the kingdom was taken from him to give him a lesson in humility and thankfulness....and that God can give the kingdom to whomever HE chooses.

The ants show no compassion. Maybe the grasshopper had other legitimate issues, but chose not to confide them to the judgemental ants (or cast his pearls before swine). Maybe he had a bad upbringing with few opportunities. Maybe he just posed as a beggar to test them.

Maybe his 'singing' was worshipful and he believed in Jesus words about 'consider the lilies' and trusted the Lord to provide while ministering to others, and using spiritual gifts to sow into eternal riches...spiritual labor which he knew the ants wouldn't value or understand....the foolish things which confound the wise. We know he wasn't a 'horder' of temporal earthly goods, anyway...nor greedy for earthly gain.
Seems the ants didn't want to acknowledge their own 'smallness' and used the grasshoppers alleged mistake to feel superior for awhile. How about 'there, but for the grace of God, go I'.
LOLOLOL :lol:
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
talitha

Post by talitha »

bumping this, the Lord is speaking..... I believe that there is something in here for the coming year for those who will listen..... 8)
gloryhis
Platinum Member

Post by gloryhis »

Hi Lee, Praise Jesus ,

Was there anymore to this dream? So strange I know, but I thought of those who hop/move around from church to church or conference to meetings etc. Grass being the green pastures in scriptures. It's funny, I am not seeing it though as anything bad, but rather a hunger and thirst type thing for greener pastures and for truth.

I have no idea how that fits anything concerning a national holiday, just what came to mind. Although this thought just came to me: Recognition /validation.

It being right around the corner, sounds like a turning point of some kind, a noticable spiritual shift perhaps?.

In Jesus love,
gloryhis
Jesus Is Lord!
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Whether this means the grasshopper mentality or whether it means the hunger to grass-hop ...lololol....I am for it!!! Bring it Lord Jesus!!!!!!

Thos little creatures that no one seems to pay any attention to are about to have their day!!! whether it be the ones who are trying to find some food or the ones that are feeling like nobodies...

Yeah Jesus!!!!

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Thos little creatures that no one seems to pay any attention to are about to have their day!!! whether it be the ones who are trying to find some food or the ones that are feeling like nobodies...yeah Jesus!!!!
Yes, Lord!

I am abit astonished to see this bumped up, yet not totally surprised that the Lord has done it.
Will be back after taking it to the Lord.
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Also reminded me of that dream you had with the babies...I don't know why though..maybe because they were hungry too....??

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

Yeah, Lord! I want to be one of those lil' grass-HOPE-rs
WaitingforHim wrote:Thos little creatures that no one seems to pay any attention to are about to have their day!!! whether it be the ones who are trying to find some food or the ones that are feeling like nobodies...
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Just wanted to answer your question, GloryHis...that was all there was to the dream (though it was keenly distinct).

I've prayerfully searched the web and cannot pin this down and feel it will be revealed as I go thru something (probably near future). That happens sometimes.

God will reveal it.

Blessings all........
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17