Trying to interpret a family members dream

Archives for 2007
bigbee
Gold Member

Trying to interpret a family members dream

Post by bigbee »

Hi everyone, here is a dream I am trying to interpret for a family member who was disturbed by the dream:

In the dream He and his wife were driving/walking. They passed by a funeral procession for Amish people (horse drawn carriage). He mentioned they then began walking down a road and made a right turn down a street.

he said he began to weep bitterly as he and his wife discussed that she would be leaving (supposedly to heaven) He said to her that he knew that she was going to leave and where she was going and was very very sad and weeping. He said he was going to miss her, and she said that she wished he had told her that sooner. end of dream

Is this a warning dream for him, should it be taken literally? How should I approach the interp? They are both saved and love the Lord dearly. They have been married for over 20 years. Any thoughts?
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Most dreams are symbolic, but how can you determine the difference when the holy spirit is showing you something literal or "showing you things to come" as indicated in the gospels? Just wanted to get some guidance from those of you who have more experience with interpretations.

Blessings

Bb
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Bump
I need help with this if anyone feels led by the Holy Spirit. Is this a literal "warning" type dream?
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

Hi bigbee,

just want you and your family member to know I'm praying for the Lord to speak clearly concerning this dream.

Offering my thoughts for your prayerful consideration:

I had a question and wanted to mention a couple of things in the dream that stand out to me.

Does this family member live near Amish people?

I also noticed the wife said: She wishes he had told her sooner or earlier that he would really miss her.. Her statement suggests the possiblity of her not leaving had he spoken up sooner.. there seems to me to be a choice hidden in the wife's statement.

From a symbolic point-of-view, the Amish funeral procession could represent something 'traditional' dying.. the couple turn right- could symbolize a change coming in the natural..

This could be about the wife moving higher in the spirit & going deeper in the Lord and in a sense 'leaving her husband behind'.. The choice I mentioned earlier could be the Lord offering an option to the husband to be more open and communicative with the Lord and/or for the husband to enter into intercession and change the Lord's mind.

As far as 'knowing'/discerning the core purpose of dreams... Truly it is only by revelation and discernment by Holy Spirit. Ask the dreamer how he 'felt within' after he awoke and hopefully settled down. Then have him commit the dream to the Lord with the request for revelation. Don't dwell on the dream within his mind.

I truly believe that if the dreamer seeks after the Lord's mind, he will find it. I pray the Lord's peace which surpasses understanding will descend upon the dreamer and bring all parts of his being into an attitude of rest in the Lord.. I ask Lord for you to touch and open this son's ears and eyes and for your Voice, mind and will to be revealed. Father release Your ministering angels to prepare the way ahead, to open doors, to bring Your words to this dreamer in Jesus Name. Amen

In His Love, connie
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Hi Connie, thank you for your reply! My family member does frequent an area where Amish people live :) I too sensed an opportunity to change an outcome in this dream, God is good! Please share more as the Lord gives you, you have given me some good things to ponder and put the pieces together!!

With His Love

Bb