angel visitation or was it a vision?

Archives for 2007
anyamanee

angel visitation or was it a vision?

Post by anyamanee »

okay I need help; what was it?

Just a quick summary; I was taking a shower and was alone. It was a highly emotional time; and I was calling out to the Lord., just having finished a strong intercession time and now prepping to meet my husband for dinner --

When I hear a noise from out in the other room; sounds like someone is in the room; I am momentarily frightened; did I remember to lock the door?

I go to check the door and there stands a figure of a man in the shadows- he is dressed and has the body language and complete persona of a close friend whom the Lord has provided as a helper in many important ways, my best language helper... "he" is standing near the front door-- I am shocked but decide to proceed forward; the vision receeds but I can still feel the presense, sense it..."he" was still there for sure; and I go to the door, checking it; yes, it was locked and proceed to say, out loud, "if you are not one that worships the Lord Jesus, be gone NOW",but the presence stayed.

The next morning I "just so happened" to be reading in Acts when Peter is released from jail and goes to join the others and the woman at the door thinks, "it is his angel"

Was this my friend's angel?

This is someone who doesn't yet believe; though clearly the Lord is pursuing (see my strange reaction to scripture post; the same person, a few months earlier) so why would he have an angel?

If it is germain, I am in Bangkok, Thailand (city of angels)
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

anyamanee,

If I am reading your post correctly, it appears that this is something that happened to you in real life as you were getting ready to meet your husband.

Feeling the need to warn of familiar spirits as they can take on the appearance of other people and relate things that are true about these people. It could be that the Holy Spirit opened your eyes to see in this realm. I don't know if this person practices a religion that promotes spirit projection or not.

I may be totally off so please disregard if this doesn't witness to you. Remember Rhoda wasn't afraid when she was at the door.

Acts 12:14-16 (King James Version)
14And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.

15And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.

16But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

Angel in this particular passage can mean:

Lexicon Results for aggelos (Strong's G32) Greek for G32 ἄγγελος Transliteration
aggelos
Pronunciation

ä'n-ge-los (Key)

Part of Speech
masculine noun

Root Word (Etymology)

from aggello [probably derived from G71, cf G34] (to bring tidings)

TDNT Reference
1:74,12
Vines
View Entry

Outline of Biblical Usage 1) a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexi ... strongs=32
Blue Letter Bible Link

Jesus bless you for your work,
Joy
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Another option... A friend of mine who is a seer told me that often times when he sees an angel who has a very similar appearance of a person whom he knows, that is the angel who is assigned for that person. This would be an angel of the Lord. The other option was presented in the last post which would be that of a familar spirit which is from the enemy. Up to your discernment from the Lord to descide.

in Christ,
anyamanee

Post by anyamanee »

i wasn't afraid; only a 'startled' thought for moment; huh did i forget to lock the door? Actually it turned out to be a very comforting presence....

if this is this person's angel, and from the Lord (I asked it to leave if it didn't worship Jesus Christ as Lord of all, and it stayed)
then do you think it means this person will be a worshipper of the Lord?

:?:
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Angels are assigned as the Lord commands. If this person the angel is assigned to is not yet saved, as you seem to indicate in your first post, then I would take that to mean that the Lord is interested in that person coming to know Him; most possibly through your sharing the Gospel with him.

in Christ,
anyamanee

Post by anyamanee »

thanks for the encouragement.
Will continue to witness....and pray.
anyamanee

Post by anyamanee »

an update:

last week while working on the translation of a gospel tract i was working with this person, whom the angel was exactly like...who doesn't yet have a saving relationship with the Lord, as I am not sure yet, but maybe !

I was trying to write, (in Thai language) "begin hoping in and trusting all that God has for us all in Jesus Christ" (in a summary section, "if this sounds good, what do you need to do?")

Apparently there is a problem using the common word for begin with the word for hope in the same sentance. We argued for a short time until he insisted it was already assumed in the beginning of the paragraph...and so he says, to explain,

I hope and trust in all that God has for me in Jesus Christ"

twice

touching his chest and looking like an earnest child. Then he says, a third time, "I hope and trust in all that God has for all of us in Jesus Christ"

I didn't clarify though wanted to; just prayed. He continued on and seemed a bit flustered. I always need to pray about the changes he makes and did say that this time as well...and later, he said, "be sure and rewrite your tract sentances so i can read them again"
sure is anxious to read it, huh????

Did i witness something? Thoughts?
anyamanee

Post by anyamanee »

a bit of an update; yesterday a not-yet-brother asked me, "have you ever seen a ghost?" and I told him a couple of stories, one where i saw a spirit (i differientiated ghosts and spirits) which was clearly evil; another which was this incidence. He is a close friend of the man whom the angel looked like. He gave an interesting insight,

"perhaps you have been sent Noy to be like an angel for you; protecting and helping you, Jesus appointed him; and the spirit was sent to make sure you know this"

I find this plausable. Pray for this man whose name is Nong...if so lead...I think he may have heard from the Lord.

He did relate a ghost experience as he called it -- and he is open to it not being human -- and has asked me for interpretation --

Perhaps I'll ask for help from this forum....is this strange that a not yet believer would ask for an interpretation?
jer2911
Silver Member

Ask the being a question

Post by jer2911 »

You might question it the next time it appears,

Is Jesus Christ Lord?

I also would say to it - come magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together.

Wait for a response and then you will know if it is from the Lord or not.

God bless and keep you!
Redeemed
Platinum Member

Post by Redeemed »

I agree with jer2911
Isaiah 43:2...When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi anyamanee,

Regarding your question about whether it is strange for unconverted people to ask for dream interpretations, there are several well known ministries that send groups of "prophetic evangelists" out to give dream interps to all who seek them--and they have many unconverted asking for them! Doug Addison has written a book about prophetic evangelism.

Streams Ministries even sends a prophetic Dream Interp team to the pagan Burning Man festival every year. Their booth is so popular with the "unconverted" they sometimes have people waiting in lines for hours to receive revelation or dream interp's.

Blessings,
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
anyamanee

Re: Ask the being a question

Post by anyamanee »

jer2911 wrote:You might question it the next time it appears,

Is Jesus Christ Lord?

I also would say to it - come magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together.

Wait for a response and then you will know if it is from the Lord or not.

God bless and keep you!
thank you; that is a more direct approach than i used, I said, "If you do not worship Jesus Christ as Lord Most High, please leave; but if you worship Him as God, I invite you to stay"

Though even as I said this I could no longer 'see' this being, I could still sense through smell and a sense of presence.

Likewise, God bless you and keep you and may you rest in that God has promised this...

In Christ,

Karen
anyamanee

Post by anyamanee »

Lily_Rose_Song wrote:Hi anyamanee,

Regarding your question about whether it is strange for unconverted people to ask for dream interpretations, there are several well known ministries that send groups of "prophetic evangelists" out to give dream interps to all who seek them--and they have many unconverted asking for them! Doug Addison has written a book about prophetic evangelism.

Streams Ministries even sends a prophetic Dream Interp team to the pagan Burning Man festival every year. Their booth is so popular with the "unconverted" they sometimes have people waiting in lines for hours to receive revelation or dream interp's.

Blessings,
Lily
Wow, Lily, this is really cool; I am encouraged. I will also look for Doug Addision's book. On a number of occaisions I have sensed that this person likely will see salvation. His vision has biblical characteristics...will post for some wise sage's help...

Karen