A Prophetic Time Line: Four Years?

Archives for 2010
Four Years
Diamond Member

A Prophetic Time Line: Four Years?

Post by Four Years »

in 2006, i graduated higschool and following the days after, i dreamed i heard 4 individual cracks of thunder but they were loud and powerful so i covered my ears. as the storm continued, i was on the beach running only to be knocked over by a wave. as i came to, the sun was now out and i found a young boy. i took him by the hand, led him to a spot on the beach, then felt i had to find other people.

setting: a restraunt on a beach.

symbols: beach, restraunt, unknown people i'm with in the restraunt, me leaving the table to go out onto the beach, lightning, thunder, a wave, the boy, the other people.

my life since graduation: military sercvice that went nowhere, jobs that went nowhere, school attendance that went nowhere, a SEVERE lack of motivation on my part, constant fighting with my dad, no direction, having no friends, and alot of personal sinning.

for a long time, i looked into the number 4. now i know what it says on this site, and others, it all pretty much says the same thing.

however, as of recently, i have been entertaining this new notion.

that the '4 Instances of Thunder' were 4 TIMES...years or years worth of God speaking to me but me NOT listening...hence me covering my ears.

however, that 4 Years...THIS year...will mark the END of this miserable time of my life.

pray, we can discuss afterwards.
Last edited by Four Years on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kitt
Platinum Member

Four Years Prophesy

Post by Kitt »

Shalom Four Years,

You said it all. You make the choices and reap the consequences. You choose to listen or not. Remove your hands from your ears listen and obey and you will succeed. Stop being a victim and become a victor.

Shalom,

Kitt Schilke
Joshua 24:15 "...but as for me and my house, we will serve Yahveh."
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

hello, would this be the correct interpretation then?

i can't do it on my own. i need the healing first.

i'm also wondering if this dream talks about any *specefic* direction God would have me follow but it seems to early to say.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Dear Four Years
It's a very interesting dream.It's good that now you understand it.Our God is great.He loves us.
I'm happy that now you know what the Lord says to you.
God bless you. :)
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Four Years,

Is this a much longer dream than the portion that you posted?
Pray if it would help to post it fully.

My thoughts for discernemnt...

Being motivated to find others seems to denote a time of ministry after this healing (wave) hits you.

You find your innocence again, (young boy) could suggest that wave was purifying in forgiveness and healing the years the enemy has taken.

Sand can represent His thoughts towards you are like grains of sand..too numerous to count.

Psalm 139 in complete.This excerpt, v.17-18

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

hello, it's not much longer.

i was in the diner on the beach with those people...don't know who they were....perhaps they symbolise people in general.

i left our table to walk around and i decided to go down onto the beach to get away from everything possibly?

but some lightning fell out of the sky and then the thunder started, the storm, eveyrone was running, and that's when i was washed over by the wave.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Four Years,

I do not know what your relationship with God was like before you graduated.

The diner seems to represent a place of fellowship and nourishment with a beautiful view.

Your connection to the people there was lacking.

This dream is 4 years old.
The Lord knew what you would go through because He knows you.
That is why psalm 139 is so relevant.
v: 1-12

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

My personal thoughts on this dream are still the same.
I believe the wave is not only stopping you from running, but healing your wounds...like salt water has the tendancy to do.
I do see the hope of the sun returning in your life..(and the Son returning, in your dream) as you feel compelled to gather others.

Learning the deeper meaning of Gods Love...His Grace toward you, and His endless Mercies....priceless.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

my hope though is that it's NOT four years to the day before the positive change comes...the dream doesn't lay anything out though related to that.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Four Years:

This verse might go along with the wave in your dream:

James 1:3-8 "...the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Your believing the 4 cracks of thunder to represent 4 years and then your trial is over may lead you to some disappointment if it does not happen. I've found 4 to mean sort of broad spectrum, as in you've been through a storm that was across the board in your life and I'm uncertain exactly what the lightening strikes stand for, but they might be sort of like wake-up calls for you--God trying to get your attention.

God bless you~
Peggy O.
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

that's right...if that be the case, well then whatever, nothing changes, good or bad, it would be just more of the same crap.

the 4 cracks of Thunder were all the SAME...just like these past Four Years have been...no improvements upon the previous year...literally.

now the Thunder itself does NOT represent a "year"...rather...God's Spoken Word to me IN THAT YEAR...

so possibly the those Four Thunders meant Four Years that God tried to tell me SOMETHING...but i didn't listen...hence my ears were covered in the dream.

and even now as i'm typing this, i have NO IDEA what God has been telling me...

in my first post, i laid out the contents of my life since higschool...NOT GOOD to say the least.

i am also trying to figure out WHY/HOW that all fits in.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Four Years:

I think the important part of the dream is that you've got your ears covered. That's the variable that can be controlled and I think the message of your dream is that you are not hearing from God in spite of his broad-based attempts to get your attention (the 4 lightening strikes) because you have willfully covered your ears. So it is not that you cannot hear but it is a deeper wrestling (a choice), possibly with not wanting to hear or not liking what is being said.

But listening also involves a willingness to heed the warnings that He is giving. And so listening to God through the word and fellowship, good preaching/teaching and of course the witness of God's spirit to you needs to be a focus.

Nite now~
Peggy O.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Four Years,

No time like the present.

Be ready to hear today, what He has to say..through His Word, through His Body of Believers, through those He brings into your life to be ministers of His Truth, Love and Healing.

Psalm 42

1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”

4 When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to go with the multitude;
I went with them to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and praise,
With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.

6 O my God,[d] my soul is cast down within me;
Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan,
And from the heights of Hermon,
From the Hill Mizar.
7 Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me.

8 The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me—
A prayer to the God of my life.

9 I will say to God my Rock,
“Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
10 As with a breaking of my bones,
My enemies reproach me,
While they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”

11 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God

In some ways, the thunder and lightening represent to me Gods Power...His Sovereignty.

He is The Creator of all things.

Can the pot say to the potter..why have you made me this way?

The sun will return.

Piano
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Four Years,

Your dream has been in my spirit for a couple days now, I do think the dream is about God trying to get your attention because He loves you and has prepared a path for you to take during this season in your life.

I am praying for detailed revelation on what the 4 cracks of thunder mean. The covering of ears could come from making a decision to reject information that someone has tried to give you like your parents or someone of authority.

Has anyone tried to give you some advice lately that you may have rejected in some way?

I'm mot sure if the 4 cracks of thunder represent 4 years or not but I'm praying that God brings the revelation to you.

I'm currently in a similar situation with God where I had a dream of walking down a path and the path turned into a powerful body of water (river like) which was over taking me and as the water was pushing down there were 3 whales laying half way on the land with the other half in the water. As the water was pushing me by them I tried to grab hold to them but I couldn't hold on to them.

I'm not sure if the 3 whales represent 3 years of me going through overwhelming circumstances that I have no control over or 3 different situations that I'm going to be faced with.

Since the dream had 3 whales and not 3 different animals I beleive the dream is expressing 3 years of an overwhelming situation. It will be 3 years this April since I had the dream.

There's one overwhelming situation that started about a week or so after I had the dream and I'm still dealing with it now. I pray that by this April it will be totally behind me.

Four Years, make sure you give God quality time daily, He will give you understanding.

PS. Don't hold yourself in condemnation about the things you've done wrong in the past, just start commiting your days to Him and be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

God Bless You......
Truth Seeker
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

hello Truth Seeker, check your messages.
Newwine
Platinum Member

Post by Newwine »

Ok, here we go under the original dream.

Judgment comes from either living under the law or living in sin. Both go hand in hand. And I am not talking of how we can fall at times as believers but willfully and decisively choosing to live in sin or by the law.

The thunder may represent things like judgment and condemnation you may feel by either one of those avenues.

The law is called the law of sin and death for it shows us our sins and sentences us to death (that be our old carnal life). It was made for the carnal man. It isn't that the law dies but we die to our old life and as such are freed from the law and can now enter a new childlike relationship, drawing close to Father God through Jesus.

Your reaction reminded me of how the children of Israel responded when God spoke to them from Mount Sinai, the place (correct me if I am wrong) where they received the law. Here is a portion of Hebrews 12:

18 You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai. 19 For they heard an awesome trumpet blast and a voice so terrible that they begged God to stop speaking. 20 They staggered back under God’s command: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” 21 Moses himself was so frightened at the sight that he said, “I am terrified and trembling.”

They couldn't draw close and were terribly afraid. But now we have been given a better covenant in Jesus that speaks of relationship. No longer cowering slaves but children of the most high God where we can boldly approach Him knowing Daddy is there, loves and cares.

We gotta know it isn't God condemning us or judging us. We choose but it isn't He that is condemning. He condemns sin and the life of sin and as such introduced the law to take care of that aspect. Think of the law as a cop who has no power to change you at heart but can imprison you for your own good and the good of society. That is the only power he holds due to what is in us, born into a life of sin. The cop has no power to change man's heart. It is powerless against the carnal life that is a real and breathing force in fallen man. Man needs a heart changer and that is where Jesus comes in. He took our punishment and as we enter into new relationship with Him we can experience this new life that cost Him so dearly. To be born again anew by his Spirit.

Death with Christ and born anew by His Spirit. His Spirit also lives in us and empowers us. Nothing is stronger than his Spirit.

Even if we are in bondage due to finding ourselves entangled to a life of carnality, we can still choose to take it to Jesus or not. Father God by his Spirit is pointing us to Jesus. When God puts his finger on something in our lives it is to bring healing and restoration in Christ, not to condemn. And we cannot change ourselves at the deepest level, that's Jesus' job that He does by his Spirit. Our job is to acknowledge our incapability at that deeper level and let the Lord bring it out (the change / new life that is) by his Spirit in us (for the believer as He has the Lord's Spirit in Him).

There is a portion we do. For instance, we have to respect the natural laws in life or we will suffer. If we don't eat or shower or keep the maintenance up on our homes and cars, we shall suffer for it. These are things we do. God doesn't do these things for us (I won't box Him so when I make definitive comments like that I am speaking more generally as He can do as He wishes and does as He sees fit).

Yet the Spiritual realm, those deeper things of the heart (spiritual man) is God's domain that we are powerless to change for the better and can only be entered into through Jesus. He is the King of hearts who joins us to Father God's Heart. But it is a simple relationship of seeing our powerlessness to change the spiritual atmosphere and asking Him to move there. He's also given us tools we can use to help us there.

Acknowledgment, confession, and allowing God to move us to Godly sorrow where we will truly repent at heart (change of heart).

To put it simply, no one has to force you to be with someone you love and you won't look to do anything that hurts them, not purposely anyway.

Now if you don't love them being with them is a burden, like an unwanted obligation. Eventually we will feel the weight of it all and resign in defeat. Our true colors / feelings will also surface under the pressure.

That is the difference between entering into relationship through Jesus where we can get to know God intimately and as a loving Father, and the law that leaves us without a deeper heart connection and a set of rules that don't move the heart so it becomes a heavy yoke.

Anyway, to move on from the short sermon. The wave may speak of the Lord's Spirit moving and engulfing you, others' spirits, a combo of both, and of course it can be something else all together. Spirit whether God's or man's I see as heart context, expressions, emotions, etc. Our actual hearts are just a physical organ but those heartfelt emotions to me speak of the spiritual man. God's Spirit / Heart moves in the believer's spirit / heart if we will allow Him to and as his life blooms in ours.

So, sounds like you are knocked out by this wave, like lose some time there but as you come to the sun is out. The sun in dreams can speak of things now being in the Light of Jesus.

The young boy may speak of finding that lost part of you, that childlike quality. You appear to find it a place there and then look for others. May be that you are looking for others that you can share there and connect with too.

And I feel you may be right with the timeline.

Don't know how well it all fits but these are things I saw and offer for your prayerful consideration. Feel free to toss what may not fit.

Love in Him,
Joanne
Enjoy the journey