Raining in the valley (I would like some input)

Archives for 2010
Pastor Joe
Silver Member

Raining in the valley (I would like some input)

Post by Pastor Joe »

At one time our church was called Valley Assembly of God.
To me and to a lot of the older saints this will always be known as the Valley.
I say that because of the dream I am about to share.

Dream 8-2-10
I dreamed there was a drought in the valley. The Lord showed me four people, including me, gathering together to tell them that the valley was going to be full of water again. One of the men was Jay Miller; I gathered two of the men. I told Jay what the fourth one looked like, the Lord had showed me in a dream. Jay knew the guy that I described and he led me to him. We were then sitting at a table. I told them God told me that the rain is coming and the valley will be full of water. I told them that we were in a drought because someone had put a curse on the valley. As I told them this, I literally saw a lady drying up the water in a big gulf, garrison around the valley. This was in the past. I said again, “God said the rain is coming.” I took the four men and we took hands and I prayed for water to be restored in the valley. I felt the Presence of God. I said to Jay, “You know that I am right, the rain is coming.” Jay said, “When it comes, put me in rehab. I told Jay that the number four in my dreams means four men God is going to put together for this purpose. I knew that a couple of the men did not know what to think. One of the men said, “The rain is coming today.” I said it could but it might be a few days. I said it is coming soon. I walked outside and I saw rain clouds, the rain was about there.

Interpretation
A drought in the valley is where this church has been.
You need to understand that the number four has always been important to my ministry.

11-19-99 Friday afternoon
Seeds that grew into the #4
I dreamed that I was going down a slide at an amusement park. It was not a very long slide. It started off great and it was going smooth. All of a sudden, it seemed that it was taking longer than it should have. The slide was now more like a roller coaster. The slide started to get a little rough, it was starting to hurt. I felt like God was telling me to rebuke Satan and as soon as I did, the ride was over. I got up and I looked down. I saw a pack of seeds that would grow into the number four. I opened them up, I tasted them, and they were bitter. I was telling a guy what God had just done and what God had given me. He said that he had seen seeds like this before, but he didn’t seem to believe it was from God. I knew that it was.

For the past ten years this number has showed up many times in my dreams, I never understood until now what it meant.
I told these men that the valley was going to be full of water again.
Jay Miller, he is supposed to be one of the men, but if he chooses not God will put someone else in his place.
We were setting at a table:
Table means a place of agreement or covenant. To iron issues out.
I then told them God told me that the rain is coming and the valley will be full of water.
I told them we were in a drought because someone had put a curse on the valley.
God then showed me a vision in the dream I saw a woman drying up all the water in a big gulf.
Church we need to be in agreement!
I didn’t say that there had been a curse on this church, God did.
I again said to the four men God said that the rain is coming.

Job 33:14-17
33 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

All I know is that I have been given my instructions and I am going to follow them.
Dream or vision within a dream means:
Ge 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass. {established...: or, prepared of God}

I took the four men and we took hands and I prayed for water to be restored in the valley. I felt the Presence of God.
Prayer of agreement
I told Jay that the number four in my dreams means four men God is going to put together for this purpose.
jeff
Site Moderator

Post by jeff »

Joe,

This sounds pretty straight-forward to me.
God seems to be saying that you are entering into a season of
rain, glory to God!

Perhaps now is the time to begin preparations for the abundance
in the same way that Joseph prepared to recieve the 7 yrs. of
surplus, for I believe that surplus is in the works at your church.

jeff
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Greetings Pastor Joe,

I just wanted to comment a bit for your prayerful consideration.

First, if God has spoken, it is done unless there are conditions on it and we need not force others to act because then it is a movement in the flesh rather than the Spirit of God. So if God has spoken, then it is a matter of faith and patience, rather than depending on others. :)

In your posting of the dreams, it is not always clear when you are interjecting thoughts or it is the dream. It would be better to post the dream completely in its entirety without leaving out details or interjecting thoughts that were not part of the dream. And then afterwards stating your thoughts or feelings separately… if this is the case.

But for symbols, a couple of things come to mind for you to consider. I am not sure what you mean that “the number four has always been important to my ministry.” But it can represent a few things.

The valley can represent a low place.

A woman can represent the church.

Four can represent four seasons, global (North, South, East, West)

Also, a person in a dream does not necessarily mean it is about that person, but sometimes represents a person with a similar character or something similar as in familiar, likewise.

Concerning the slide and roller coaster it can mean emotional highs and lows, excitement and uncertainty.

I know sometimes people have faith only when they “feel” the emotional high and see miracles from God, rather than serve and keep the faith when things are harder and they do not see miracles to prove His existence. This is especially common in charismatic churches. Some are ready to leave when the emotions are not high. I found this symbol especially true to many dreams from Susan Riddle’s book.

Roller coaster: Ministry that survives on signs and wonders; excitement oriented rather than faith based. (1 Kings 12: 18; 2 Kings 2: 11-12; 10:16; Ps. 104: 3; Acts 8: 28-38; 1 Thess. 2:18 )

In summary, when God speaks, we only need to listen believe. May He find us clean, willing and acceptable servants to Him. After all, it is all about Him and His Will, not us. One thing that I believe He has engraved in me is to keep focusing on Him, looking up, rather than be distracted by how things look in the world. We look to Him, rather than look to others in the world for Him. :)

May His Holy Spirit refresh your spirit and move mightily in the hearts and spirits of your Church and community!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?