telephones

Archives for 2011
wantingmore
Platinum Member

telephones

Post by wantingmore »

Hi everyone. I have been having dreams for the last several months in which I am trying to call someone on a phone for help but am totally unable to get the right numbers in. Last night I needed to call 911 for an accident victim and could not get 911 into my cell. I realized when I woke up that this is a recurring theme. I have some ideas of my own but would appreciate any other insights.
Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

telephones are symbolic of communication. usually communication with God aka prayer. 911 can mean calling upon the Lord who is the real authority for help, aka Psalm 91:11 he will give his angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
wantingmore
Platinum Member

Post by wantingmore »

Thanks BJ. The problem is that I am NEVER able to get the number into the phone. It doesn't matter what number (there have been several). I get mixed up and can't hit the right numbers.
Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

aloha wantingmore!

to echo bj's sentiments, in your case, i would think the call to 911 would be one to God.

I've also had ones where the cell phone showed distance in regards to the ability to communicate. For instance i dreamt of my husband nearby but was given a cell and i knew it signified the distance i feel in our communication. We process differently and therefore interpret and respond differently so this area has become one I've had to humble myself in so that it could be brought under the submission of Holy Spirit....to seek His wisdom, what i should and shouldn't say in a given situation...

The last type of cell phone dream i've had was one with the enemy and in this case, yes the distance WAS a good thing because it was showing we are not aligned. In this type I was trying to dial "ROB" (ie the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy) and the number just didn't make sense...it was incomprehensible to me.

In regards to your specific dream in calling for help, it sounds like there is something that is OR YOU FEEL IS hindering your ability to get help when you need it.

May He give you wisdom and direction! Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Could this dream be expressing the frustration you feel in your heart that your prayers are not going through? Is there a sense that you fear you are not doing it right?

The one thing the disciples asked of Jesus was "Teach us to pray."

For Wantingmore and all of us here, I ask, Lord, Teach us to pray!
...that I might know Him...
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

wantingmore,

I think Charys hit it on the head when she said "Is there a sense that you fear you are not doing it right?

The one thing the disciples asked of Jesus was "Teach us to pray."

I'm wondering if the inability to dial is the fact that you are unsure if your prayers are heard because you don't think you are following protocol?

There are many great teachers on prayer, Myles Munroe is one I love!

Personally, I may do things differently at times but thought I'd give you some suggestions in general.

Come before Him with a clean heart, washed in the BLood and I ask if there is anything I've done that needs to be dealt with. He will answer you. (Recall Matt 5:23-24 "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.)

Then Ps 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
**It is a progression and as we enter into His courts, preparing to come into the Secret place, we come with a clean and right heart).
You can give thanks and praise with song or words but there is a place of intimacy that although you start with the mouth, the worship begins to flow out of your spirit.

And this is the place the path above is getting us to--that secret place for it says in Jn 4:24

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.