What happened?...Blinked

Archives for 2011
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

What happened?...Blinked

Post by eyes.enlightened »

I had a list of scriptures written on a sheet of paper. I was reading everything in the bible about dreams, visions, seer, look, and eyes. So, I starting reading in order from the list, which started from the book of Genesis. I get to Genesis chapter 41 about Joseph interpreting the two men in the prison dreams. Now, this is when the puzzling thing happened to me. While I'm reading verse 10; "Pharaoh was wroth with his servants, and put me in ward in the captain of the guard's house, both me and the chief baker:" I following along with the words on the page, thinking on what I'm reading at the time. All of a sudden, it was as if the context of what I am reading has changed. Now I am reading, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

I'm like, "what?" I don't remember reading this in the story about Joseph interpreting the dreams. Okay, let me make sure that I'm reading verse 10. I look at the verse and I see verse 10, so I keep reading and I am thinking, somehow this story has changed drastically. Well I continue on reading, but I am still thinking in my mind, I have never recalled these words in Genesis 41; "Fear thou not...", so I continue reading to verse 13. I am saying to myself, somehow something will reconnect me back to the story of Joseph.

Then it hit me, I need to check the top of the bible to make sure that I'm reading from Genesis chapter 41. It is not connecting back to what I remember about the story of Joseph interpreting the butler and bakers dream. I looked at the top page of the bible and it said, Isaiah 41. I was so shocked, because I didn't turn the pages of the bible. I had never touched the page after turning to Genesis 41. How in the world did these pages get to this chapter? What happened?

Surely, I would have known if I had turned the pages. I would have had to flip a whole lot of pages to get from Genesis to Isaiah. I had never touched the pages. I was reading, Genesis 41:10 one moment, and in a blink of an eye, I'm reading Isaiah 41:10. I have tried to explain it to myself, but I haven't figured out what happened? How did I get to this chapter without touching the bible pages?

I decided that whatever I thought was important at the time in Genesis 41, God needed to get my attention in Isa 41:10. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Oh well, I have been pondering on Isaiah 41:10. This was strange, but real. Any feedback would help.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Creflo Dollar was teaching on a wonderful topic and he mentioned something that has happens to me often but I never knew there was a "name" for it. He said "We read the scriptures and listen to sermons not just to do it but to hear the VOICE speaking behind it. Because that VOICE is what breathes life into whatever we are reading/listening to and with that voice comes power (for whatever is needed, coming etc)."

I'm sure you've been reading the Word or listening to a teaching when the Lord began to speak to you about something....

Gosh, I believe it was either Bill Winston or Kenneth Copeland who was preaching a sermon when out of that sermon, Holy Spirit spoke to a man and told him to sell his stocks. Later he went up to thank Pastor Bill and told him he got that direction as Pastor was teaching (and it wasn't EVEN a teaching on stocks, i believe it was about listening to Holy Spirit) and said as a result of that, he obeyed, sold all his ENRON stock and made money before everything went downhill!

So to me after reading what you posted, it seems the VOICE behind your reading was telling you what you needed to know...that no matter what may come your way, you need Fear Not! What an encouraging word!!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Eyes,

That was quite an experience! The Lord certainly speaks in mysterious ways. I too came to a scripture last week about seers in Amos 7:12. Praise God for new revelations!
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Post by eyes.enlightened »

keilani,
Because that VOICE is what breathes life into whatever we are reading/listening to and with that voice comes power (for whatever is needed, coming etc)."
Your words helped; very timely. Now, I am starting to see why GOD revealed HIS word to me in that manner. A lot of things are coming against me at one time. I believe, the LORD will supply all my needs. I will not fear in the name of JESUS. GOD will hold me with his right hand of righteousness.

Thank you,

PEACE & LOVE +
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Great points Keilani :wink:
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......