Back at uni

Archives for 2011
Elle

Back at uni

Post by Elle »

This morning I dreamt I was back at university. I dreamt I was doing some sort of psychology class. The lecturer was up the front introducing herself and declared that she was a policewoman (wearing plain clothes).

I was sitting next to a young girl (a lot younger than myself). I think she asked me what my background was and I told her what other degrees I had. At first she was uncomfortable because I seemed to have a few (not really) then she realised I wasn't bragging or being arrogant about it, and so became comfortable with me.

I have a vague recollection of looking at papers, and I think at one stage, someone may have been naked (not sure on that one).

IRL I'm planning on starting a Masters next year, but not in psychology. Don't know if this dream has anything to do with my real life plans - i doubt it??

Any ideas?
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Elle, I believe that this may have to do with learning an upcoming lesson spiritually. Psychology is normally the study of human behavior and cognition (the thought process). However, psychology literally means "the study of the soul". Amore indepth definition from Webster:
(n.) The science of the human soul; specifically, the systematic or scientific knowledge of the powers and functions of the human soul, so far as they are known by consciousness; a treatise on the human soul.
What caught my eye is that your professor is a police officer. Depending on the context of the dream police officers can mean several things from legalism to spiritual authority. Perhaps it is a teaching about the soul. Iam not sure if this is the case but if it is here is what I found that could possibly explain why you are being taught about the soul: http://topicalbible.org/s/soul.htm
I hopes this helps if not just toss and God bless!!!
Elle

Post by Elle »

Thanks Newbie.

In my dreams in the past, police have ALWAYS represented legalism. With one exception. Usally the police are wearing uniform, but in the exception dream, the police were angels and wore red and white striped 'uniforms'.

This dream was different. She wasn't in uniform. She seemed to be teaching psychology from her position as a policewoman, somehow the two were connected i.e. she was teaching it out of her knowledge gained through policing.

I still have no idea what this means.

The part about me already being quite learned and yet being back at uni suggests to me just that - that even tho I am quite learned about some things I still have something to learn.

The thing is, IRL I am quite knowledgeable about criminal behaviours and generally the bad/unhealthy/negative behaviours of people, so not sure why I'd need to learn more?
wantingmore
Platinum Member

Post by wantingmore »

A thought here Elle. I am wondering if maybe you need to learn about the positive side of humanity instead of the negative (bad behaviours etc.)
toss the idea out if it doesn't fit. Blessings and abundance over you and your household and all you put your hands to.
Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
Elle

Post by Elle »

What positive side? Haha just jokin.

No, I'm pretty up on the positive side too. But learning about the negatives didn't come naturally to me. Some years back God had to show me some things that I wasn't interested in learning about. Didn't think I was naive, but I was.

This dream seemed to be about learning more of the stuff a policewoman would know about. And why a woman? Why not a policeman?
Elle

Post by Elle »

I think this may be about getting clued up on men-women issues.

I don't think like a typical woman and have some things to learn.

I used to have an older friend who'd say to me 'why don't you use some of your feminine wiles' (sp?) and my response would always be 'i didn't get any of those'. ;-)
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Could it be that you are learning about obtaining souls for Him? In many churches, some congregations prefer woman to woman and man to man learning vs men teach women and women teach men. It could be the reason for a woman vs that of a man.