baby movie, sheriff's badge, banquet, no healing, oil

Archives for 2011
Charys
Diamond Member

baby movie, sheriff's badge, banquet, no healing, oil

Post by Charys »

I think I understand most of this one. The symbols are fairly clear, but I could use help putting the parts together.

I took a nap and immediately went into this dream.

Scene 1: My daughter was watching old home videos I forgot were on my computer. The video was of herself as a baby. We both said we should make an effort to dig these out and watch them more often. The baby (daughter) had bare legs and was crawling on her knees over sharp rocks in a very determined manner. As I was watching I said, out loud, "I'm amazed she can do that. Doesn't it hurt?" Then, as if she heard me, she noticed how hard it was and started to whimper and reach out for rescue or help.

Scene 2: I was walking in the countryside when I came across a large blue building like a warehouse or factory. I went in and saw shiny metal things hanging on the wall. They looked like small shields, but I realized they were like polished metal hockey goalie face masks. Some had star-shaped openings for eyes and for breathing. I was told they also made sheriff's badges here. This was easy for them and they gave me one, like a free sample of their products. Again it was extremely fine quality, thick and heavy with rounded edges. I saw other large sculpted highly polished artistic pieces of metal hanging on the walls and I thought that these people could make fantastic armour, like a knight's armour. They certainly had the skill and the materials. Even in the dream I knew it was about the armour of God, but before I could ask for armour I was in...

Scene 3: I was in a restaurant or banquet hall eating a meal at one of the tables which all had white table cloths. I was with "family". (not my real life family) They were bored and full and got up to leave. As they did two young men, (age 20-30) who looked a little rough and obviously broke, came in (one reminded me of the "lost boy" I met last week.) They said something like "Hey! Doesn't anybody want to sit with us?" The rest of the "family" mumbled and moved on, but I felt excited that these were exactly the kind of people the Lord told us to bring in to the banquet. I was sitting in an office chair with caster wheels and I rolled my way down to them. I remember sitting in a sunbeam beside them. I asked if I could pray for them. I felt a confident exciting faith coming on. I asked one guy if he had any afflictions. He didn't understand the word, "affliction", so I asked if anything hurt. He said he had a rash and pain on his side and under his arm, so I prayed for him fully expecting a miracle -but nothing happened. I prayed again, and he said maybe it was a little better, but he wasn't sure. I was praying for insight in case anything was blocking this miracle, but I heard nothing, so I just said, "Well maybe it's the gradual kind of healing." I was kind of embarrassed. When they got up to leave, I left as well, feeling kind of disappointed and awkward, but choosing to act outwardly very upbeat. I left the room via an escalator going up, even though inside I felt a little bit down and confused because I was so sure this guy was going to be healed.

Scene 4: I saw oil being slowly poured out on a surface from a teaspoon and watched it spread out. Then I saw a bottle of oil being poured into the center of the previous puddle of oil and it made a much bigger puddle of oil.

end

Any insight?
...that I might know Him...
wantingmore
Platinum Member

Post by wantingmore »

Were the sheriff's badges stars? Could they have been cut out of the goalie masks? :?:
Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

They were!

What significance do you see in this?

If the sheriff's badges represent authority, then authority is very easy to obtain. They were giving them away quite freely.

By the way, my husband once gave a sermon on putting on the whole armour of God and had a genuine hockey goalie on the platform putting on his defensive gear. It was very effective -- especially in this hockey-crazy town we live in.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Whoa! This just in: If authority is not worn close to the heart, and is not removed from defensiveness, it will block your ability to see and breath. :shock:

Yer good, wantingmore!
wantingmore
Platinum Member

Post by wantingmore »

they were giving them away freely to people who were in the right place at the right time? You had to enter the building to receive?

also isn't blue a royal colour?
Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Yes. You had to enter and inquire about the place.
To me blue is a heavenly colour and a colour representing revelation and peace.