Broken necklace, art gallery gift shop, old friend

Archives for 2011
Elle

Broken necklace, art gallery gift shop, old friend

Post by Elle »

I dreamt I had a necklace that was a fine silver or white gold chain with decorative bits hanging on each end. There was a special way to wear it (fold the chain in half, wrap it around your neck, then place the two trinketed ends through the fold - no clasps required). Except the trinket/pendant was missing off one end. So I took it back to the store where I bought it to see if they could fix it for me.

The store seemed to be the gift shop in an art gallery.

I showed the necklace to someone who worked there and while I was waiting for them to do something, I looked around.

I became aware that there was a girl in there who came and stood near me. She seemed to know me. She was fair-skinned, dyed brown hair and plump. I didn't know who she was but she just stayed near me with an odd look on her face - one that said she was quite happy to be near me because she knew me.

I think I may have even asked someone quietly if they knew who she was.

Eventually I realised who she was. She was an old friend of mine (who I've mentioned fairly recently in dreams - someone estranged from just about everyone she knows). IRL she is small and blonde, but for some reason she had dyed her hair brown and was now plump.

Any ideas?
Elle

Post by Elle »

I think I may have had some revelation!
IRL she is small and blonde, but for some reason she had dyed her hair brown and was now plump.
I think this girl may be trying to look like me, dying her hair brown and putting on weight. She also seemed taller in the dream - about my height.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

I think this girl may be trying to look like me, dying her hair brown and putting on weight. She also seemed taller in the dream - about my height.
Heh, heh...methinks she wants what you have, Elle.
Or I should say, Who :wink: If this were my dream, I'd be steppin up the prayers on her behalf.

Thinkin on the other parts & praying you receive full revelation..

blessings in abundance,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi discerning!
Heh, heh...methinks she wants what you have, Elle.
Or I should say, Who
Yes, because I can promise you, she would never want to actually look like me, IRL. :lol:

And I still don't know what the necklace means. I know this sounds odd, but I'm thinking maybe the necklace means nothing, but is just a vehicle for getting me into location. But I think the art gallery gift shop does means something.

Pondering.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Lol, you crack me up. Still pondering this too...that missing trinket on one end is buggin me no end. What, Papa????
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Elle

Post by Elle »

The thing is, the necklace wasn't particularly attractive to me. It looked silver but I'm not sure that it was actually silver/white gold. Could have been that imitation stuff they make cheap/fashion jewellery out of (you know the stuff that's trendy but you don't pay much for it).

Which I guess is why I called it a trinket???
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Ok...a trinket is something of little value, substance or importance. The term 'substance' stands out to me here. Necklace might be a yoke...which you couldn't fasten because it was Not the Real Thing.

Oh...clasp...to hold on to...a hook? Thinkin this is prayer direction for you for your old friend. She's drawn to the Jesus in you - enjoying the CALM along with the other little boats on the sea but hasn't quite grasped it for herself yet?

Not an interp, just thinkin out loud here hopin something strikes a chord. :wink:
discerning

Elle

Post by Elle »

Interesting that you use the word 'calm'.
She's drawn to the Jesus in you - enjoying the CALM along with the other little boats on the sea but hasn't quite grasped it for herself yet?
A few people have commented on that about me - that I appear calm - usually when they're flipping out!

I'd love to be a drama queen, but there are already too many of them in my family - no more room :lol:

I'm wondering what the art gallery gift shop meant?

- Place of beauty
- A place for people to express their giftedness (artistic talent) and to be vulnerable (I've always thought that showing your art makes you feel vulnerable to others' criticisms)
- Gifts
- Peaceful
- Quiet