DANCING DREAM

Archives for 2011
Servantleader
Gold Member

DANCING DREAM

Post by Servantleader »

I dreamt that I worked for a religious organization as a clerical worker of some kind. As a part of the orientation I was shown a system of how soft drinks are distributed. While it was free, the system for getting 1 soft drink a day was a little complicated - but I understood.

The place where I worked was hot. The air condition was restricted, and so was ice for some reason. I remember asking for crushed ice and it being such a problem to get some.

So I questioned everything, including why we weren't leaving to go home. It was like the people there were not adhering to the time lines because of fear. I kept watching the clock. Finally, I said it was time to leave and that I was leaving - and broke out in a dance singing "I'm a soldier in the army of the Lord!" Then I took some kids with me to dance and we danced our way out of the building with the others. A friend from a former ministry was there as I was leaving trying to pick me up physically. I guess I wasn't walking up the street fast enough?

I saw a former pastor's from long ago sister and her nieces who I danced with. I told her (relating to my dancing), that the man over the organization whose picture disturbed me. It was an old picture of an old sinister-looking Bart Simpson look on his face, and the picture hung in the midst of the room where we worked. I told her that he should be ok with me dancing since it's a pentecostal organization.
Last edited by Servantleader on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elle

Post by Elle »

edited
Last edited by Elle on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

Coke, Sprite, Pepsi..."pop" is a midwestern term. Other places call it soda. :lol:
Elle

Post by Elle »

edited
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

Elle, I appreciate your willingness to attempt to interpret my dream, but with all due respect, I have to toss it all out. There seems to be certain biases in it that hinder a truthful revelation. Just so you know, I am not Pentecostal, and dancing and even singing out loud is out of character for me. But I don't want the fact that I mentioned Pentecostalism here to offend anyone who is, because that is not my focus, nor the focus of the dream. Perhaps some of that symbolism here was used to express something.

Next, I am not unclear about the context of the song "I'm a soldier in the army of the Lord!” and traditions of men. I know it all too well, but in this case the song appeared to be a victory song for those who worked there in bondage because in the end, [u]I got free[/u], and then everybody left with me! In the dream, there was a system of minutia right down to how a beverage is received; who and when you could turn the air condition on, and a few other things that were questionable to me and caused me concern. I had to ask for ice which I got, but not without issues because of the rules. The picture of the creepy, sinister looking old guy was the organization’s leader, gave me insight to know where all the crazy rules and bondage was coming from. [b]I wasn’t a member of the organization, I was working there. [/b]

Hope this helps to make things clearer, perhaps my original post wasn’t. The trouble with interpreting dreams that I have found is that unless the Holy Spirit gives an unction, symbolism is often subjected to personal biases and experiences.
:)
Elle

Post by Elle »

edited
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

Elle,

God bless and good night! :D

P.S. I am a son of God, not a child of God. I understand the difference.