speaking in tongues with a New York voice?

Archives for 2012
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

speaking in tongues with a New York voice?

Post by thesharpeningstone »

Last night I had a dream in which I saw cousins and their family from my fathers side of the family. There were many children there.

One young child appeared to have some mental disorder. I prayed for her in tongues. She turned and looked at me and said, "I did not know you could speak in a new york voice." I realized it was a demon speaking and cast it out. There were other demons that got cast out as well. The child's name was Jennifer.

I have never been to New York, and none of my family is from there. What is a New York voice?
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

One young child appeared to have some mental disorder.
I was thinking about your dream, wondering if sometimes we view a sickness, which is really a demon in disguise. Now of course there are sicknesses that are just that, but this verse came to mind:

Luke 11:14
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
14Jesus forced a demon out of a man who could not talk. And after the demon had gone out, the man started speaking, and the crowds were amazed.

The other thing I noticed is, why would you accept what the demon was saying had any truth in it at all?

John 8:44
The Message (MSG)
42-47"If God were your father," said Jesus, "you would love me, for I came from God and arrived here. I didn't come on my own. He sent me. Why can't you understand one word I say? Here's why: You can't handle it. You're from your father, the Devil, and all you want to do is please him. He was a killer from the very start. He couldn't stand the truth because there wasn't a shred of truth in him. When the Liar speaks, he makes it up out of his lying nature and fills the world with lies. I arrive on the scene, tell you the plain truth, and you refuse to have a thing to do with me. Can any one of you convict me of a single misleading word, a single sinful act? But if I'm telling the truth, why don't you believe me? Anyone on God's side listens to God's words. This is why you're not listening—because you're not on God's side."

For your consideration: As many as 800 languages are spoken in New York, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world
Job 33:14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Counted4Him »

Thesharpeningstone,

New York is known by two things : The big apple and the city that never sleeps. Jennifer means fair and the spiritual connotation is trusting. Intercession maybe? New York voice something forigen (sp) to you. I looked up voice and it is projected in many forms so maybe you can search that and scriptually how its used. Just suggestions to help but interced as well, seek help with the Holy Spirit. Dreams often are symbolic as you know, like a role being played out or shown or to learn by. See how/ if it may relate to your present life circumstances. Hopefully others may contribute so you can embrace what helps and what does not. Much grace your way.

Shalom!
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

Hi this is , the things that come to mind for me , there are, and I quote. "I did not know you could speak in a new york voice." OK this kind of voice is deep, now think deep in the spirit. second.[/size] the way they talk, not the same meaning to the same people. meaning we have a different tong for different things, edify the body , interpret a message of edify the church, the demon did not know you could do at least one of them. Amen.

More to come if you ask.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Maybe it is a call to pray for the city of new york or those with mental illnesses. It may be unconventional to say this but mental illness is a deep rooted spiritual issue. Can be demonic. It could be a call to pray for these affected individuals.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

Post by thesharpeningstone »

I have been asking God what territorial spirit is over my city. I believe that I can gain insight by understanding what the main spirit was that controlled the child. This is why I asked if anyone understood the meaning of a New York voice.

The family gathering also has importance. I forgot to mention that I did not recognize the people. However, I knew that they were cousins from my fathers side of the family. None of the people were from my mom's side. I think it may also refer to a generational spirit. Unless father means God, then the dream has a whole other meaning.

I also forgot to mention that this was the first time the child ever spoke. Also, her appearance changed completely when the demons were cast out.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

I believe that her acknowledging your "new york voice" means that she acknowledges the light in you. The light of Christ. You said that her appearance changed once the demons were cast out. I looked up york and it means "place of boars".. Boars are predators, warring animals. This voice is related to your prayer and interceding. Prayer is very powerful, its a warring tactic to fight the enemy and win. I pray God reveals to you what spirit this is.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8