Sumi

Archives for 2012
BJHarbaugh79

Sumi

Post by BJHarbaugh79 »

I dreamt that I was in a city walking down the street with someone unseen,past lots of storefronts.I saw a neon sign over a store. It was sky blue with white letters and said SUMI. I was really excited and happy(giddy). After I saw the sign,I thought"I have to call my daughter,Jessica, and ask her what SUMI means in Japanese".I thought it might mean "candy".Next door was a store with large,bold black Chinese symbols for the sign. The store was full of red and black merchandise and had a row of :strongmen"standing and blocking the whole front of the store.maybe 5 men? They all wore shirts with bold red and black stripes,black pants and shoes and black hair.They may have worn black eye masks but I'm not sure.They all looked alike and stood like bouncers with their arms folded across their chests with feet apart(offensive stance;intimidating).I thought "I don't think I want anything they have"and I took a wide berth around them.
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

Hi BJHarbaugh,
Welcome to the site & God bless you!
In this dream, you are journeying through the marketplace with Jesus.
Your daughter here symbolizes the Holy Spirit (the name Jessica means 'God is watching'). You call upon Holy Spirit because you think the light blue neon sign 'SUMI' means "anointing" (candy) but in reality this thing is not from God at all, it's from the enemy. Whenever I see neon colours in my dreams they are not good = Neon colours reflect black light & symbolize deception from the enemy. Also the light coloured blue of the sign confirms this because very light blue is symbolic of some type of evil spirit or corrupt person. The great news here is that you check with Holy Spirit first!
So the next bit is about God revealing to you exactly what that sign was about & who it is really from... The Chinese letters you saw are actually Japanese (it's not hard to mix those up! lol). SUMI in reality is a type of black Japanese ink prepared in solid sticks & used for painting & writing.
The black & red merchandise speaks of sin & spiritual death..which is where that sign would have led you if you had not consulted the Lord first. It is by God's grace (#5 = grace) that you avoid the enemy's strongmen who would have deceived (robbed) you if you had gone into the other store without checking with the Lord first. Because you were wise and checked with Father God first, He saves you from a horrible deception you may have bought into.
It appears this is something that is going to happen at some point.. Father is giving you a glimpse into it now.

God bless & protect you as He leads you into all wisdom
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
BJHarbaugh79

Post by BJHarbaugh79 »

Thank you so much! May Father God richly bless you.
My daughter looked up sumi and found several possible meanings,but she had also felt that in this case it meant "ink"or was related to writing.this was good confirmation. much appreciation from BJ
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

You're welcome BJ, It's amazing how God puts these together, isn't it?

Another bit of info is the way "Japanese" was used here. I have had the Lord tell me I'm "turning Japanese" before... meaning that I am turning into something other than what I was (into something Godly). The way the "Japanese" letters are used in your dream is sort of the same = it's about something looking one way (Chinese) but in reality is something different.

God bless you
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3