yellow rope

Archives for 2012
BJHarbaugh79

yellow rope

Post by BJHarbaugh79 »

I dreamt I was with my mother and my husband.We were walking through some sort of market or fair there were a lot of small booths with people selling things.We all turned left toward the city street but my mother had a thick yellow rope tied around her right ankle. When we reached the sidewalk we wanted to turn left and go up the street but there was some sort of obstruction on the sidewalk.There was a large delivery truck parked at the curb so we tried to go into the street to go around it,but the yellow rope would not stretch far enough to get past the back of the delivery truck.Then 2 police officers got out of their car which was now double-parked next to the delivery truck.They wanted my mother to squeeze between the police car and delivery truck(she was also using a walker,which she really does use)but the yellow rope wouldn't let her go any farther.I realized that Jim and I could get through but my mother couldn't.
"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,and you have been given fullness in Christ,who is the head over EVERY power and authority.
BJHarbaugh79

Post by BJHarbaugh79 »

how do I look up the meaning of the name James?
"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,and you have been given fullness in Christ,who is the head over EVERY power and authority.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello BJ, this dream is in regards to a spiritual turn that you are making with Jesus by your side. Husbands can be a symbol for Jesus. I am not clear what your mother may be symbol for, but here are a few thoughts: church, spiritual mother or someone that spiritually nurtures, an aspect ourselves, or the Spirit. In your dream, your mother ankles were being restricted by a yellow rope. So I feel that your mother represents someone who is being restricted (rope) by fear (yellow) and someone who faith is weak (ankle).
Toss if miss the mark.
BJHarbaugh79

Post by BJHarbaugh79 »

could any of this dream have to do with my mother being bound by legalism in her beliefs? she has VERY strong faith but rigid standards.We have been having some debate.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Your mother in the dream is being restrained or held back in her walk most likely by fear. Most of the baby names sites have name meanings too. James has same meaning as Jacob, he who supplants
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi BJH
could any of this dream have to do with my mother being bound by legalism in her beliefs?
Police in my own dream symbolism, has always represented legalism - see Galatians 3 - the kind that stops God's grace (the power of God to overcome) from flowing in one's life.