spam Private message today from Ghana asking for bank info!

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
Onwingslikeeagles

spam Private message today from Ghana asking for bank info!

Post by Onwingslikeeagles »

Received this as a PM today:

To: Onwingslikeeagles
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 am
Subject: Beloved in the lord, Quote message

Beloved in the lord,

I am Mrs.Selina Gassama from Sierra Leone.I am married to late Mr.Lona T.Gassama, who worked with Sierra Leone Embassy in Ghana for Twenty-Six years before he died in the year 2003,after a brief illness that lasted for only five days. We were married for Eighteen years with a daughter (Mary) who later died in a motor accident. Before the untimely death of my husband,we were both born again Christians(from Muslim to Christianity). And since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (US$2.5M )Two Million,Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars) in a General Trust Account with a prime bank in Ghana. Presently,this money is still with the bank. Following my ill health, being a victim to cancer , I have decided to donate this fund to a Christian organizations (Church or person) that will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct herein,according to the desire of my late husband. I want this fund to be used in Christian Activities like,Orphanages,Christian schools, and Churches for propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained.The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth". I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers.I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank here in Ghana. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life as well commit me into your daily prayers. Contact me on this e-mail address ( gassamaselina@yahoo.com ), any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another Church for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply immediately .

Remain blessed in the Lord.

Sister Selina Gassama,
Accra Ghana
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Banned the account thank you
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I noticed another African account just applied with a user name ofgrace, please watch to see if this user does the same thing or if this is a legitimate user. Thank you.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

And since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.
This line offends me more than any of the rest of that rubbish! Haha!!!!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I will be out of the country on vacation this next week Dec 2-9. If there are any more spams sent out from any accounts please let any of the other admins know about it either on this thread or via PM so that they can at least ban the offending accounts and/or the offending IP addresses. Thank you.

in Christ,
God'schild

Spam email from ofgrace

Post by God'schild »

Got the same message from ofgrace today. Just deleted it?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Thank you for the heads up... I have banned their account and their IP address. If this keeps up I will end up banning the whole country of Ghana by IP address. :shock:
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Thanks BJ and Newbie!!
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......