deleted by poster.. blessings FB

Archives for 2013
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

Last edited by fishbreath on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

Elliot is also an anglicized version of Elijah. Perhaps there is something in the life of Elijah, told mostly between 1Kings 17 and 2Kings 2, for you???
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

Last edited by fishbreath on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

My first thought was that 'Elliot' is someone who let's everyone know around them that 'The Lord is their God'. Maybe someone a bit 'preachy' (I've been called this myself from time to time by close family). I know you were joking in that last bit and I chuckled out loud :lol:, but you may be on to something!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi FB,

I'm wondering if this means God can stop or terminate something?
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

FB,

I don't know why "jump the gun." comes to mind. When someone jumps the gun ( may be too hasty about something), God can "drop the gun," as in stop the hastiness.
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

I'm glad you remembered that prayer. :) He answered. :0

Another thought that just came, is about His weapons of warefare.

The weapons of our warefare are not carnal , but mighty "through HIM" (meaning we don't fight with carnal means, we don't fight screaming ranting and raving kind of ways thinking this will get us somewhere. Been there done that, doesn't work. This used to be the only way I knew to fight back) :l When I grew and learned that God can fight my battles, that I can sit back and trust Him to do this, He has the weapons to do what is needed in any given situation against the enemy, it was then I began to get more victories through Him.

It's like saying "God I need you to wipe out this thing. I need you to destroy the enemy in this situation making me like this, or thats been attacking me. All the formulas in the world have never worked, I trust you Father to fight against this and get the victory for me. In the name of Jesus, our Yashua, Our YAH!! our Elyot, amen. "

His weapons are mighty!! :)

Here are a few notes on the reform bible....

10:4 weapons. Prayer, the proclamation of the powerful Word of God, and the authority to drive away demonic opposition (Acts 16:18; Eph. 6:10–18). Also, there was a kind of powerful apostolic authority not often discussed, but apparent in the fate of Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 15:1–11) and Elymas (Acts 13:8–12).

strongholds. Paul is talking about spiritual strongholds, that is, centers of demonic opposition to the gospel (1 Pet. 5:8, 9; 1 John 5:19). Paul knew his opponents at Corinth were servants of Satan (11:14, 15), but that did not frighten him, for the power of the Holy Spirit within him was far greater.

Glory to God who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever and ever and ever!!!