Disturbing Dream: Dark Valley Behind White Sheet

Archives for 2013
Diamond Member

Disturbing Dream: Dark Valley Behind White Sheet

Post by Newbie »

I had this dream right before I awoke this morning.
Dream:
I see the world map; however, the countries are arranged a bit differently. I notice that the continent of Africa is neighboring India (they are connected together). It appears me and my family is trying to decide where we should go on vacation. I get a sense that Africa and India are the only available options. I was not happy with either choice.
Although this is a family vacation, I do not see my family but know that they are there. We are in India and I really did not wanted to be there. I recalled that I was basically counting the days down. I felt miserable because of the language barrier and cultural differences. Felt on edge during the entire trip.
I recalled that the scene shifted to when we were getting ready to leave the country. I recalled that myself, husband, and two former friends were standing in line getting ready to depart [NOTE: the former friends were a couple in the dream; however, IRL they have long since divorce and we have lost contact with them. The female name means “place of stones”; whereas, the male nickname is duck. In the dream we were friends again]. We take out our ID cards, passport, and driver’s license because we were at a checkpoint. I get a sense that we was at the airport; however, it did not look like an airport, actually it was a valley that was behind this white sheet??? Anyway, I decided to go first because I had done this before. The guard was East Indian and he was very hostile towards me. I did not provoke such behavior. The guard was suppose to check all my id’s by scanning it; however, when he scanned my stuff, none of my info was in the system. I asked the guy to check again because I know that I am in the system; however, upon checking, my id could not be validated.
I turned to my husband whom was behind me and said something I cannot recall. Suddenly, it is as though I am behind the sheet in the valley. The guard had apprehended me because of the id validation situation. Instead of me there is this woman who is tied and bound up (apprehended by the guard). What is weird is that I had a view of me on the other side as myself with my husband while I could see the woman all tied up on the other side. While dreaming I could actually feel what this woman was going through. In the dream, I could feel what she was going through as well. In the dream, I got bits and pieces of what was occurring on the other side of this sheet in the valley. The woman was being raped (did not see this but heard her tortured screams and grunts) and being verbally attacked (I saw an East Indian man squatting near her and he had a heavy French accent. For an instance, it felt as if I was in her place because I was looking up at him. I could feel his venom and I could feel the hate emanating from him. Then the scene switched back to where I am standing back on the other side of the sheet). While on the other side, I could feel what this woman was enduring and a part of me was heartbroken.
I recalled that I had turned towards my husband and ex-friends and lashing out towards them. I felt they should do something; however, knew that they could not because this was a situation that was out of their hands.
There was a scene change; however, I cannot recall that portion. The valley in the dream was a forest area that was dark; however, behind the sheet was light and this is where the woman was tied up at and being abused at.
Note: I have an idea in regards to what this could be about; however, I am having trouble connecting the dots. Because I do not want to influence others thoughts, I will keep my thoughts on this to myself until the right time. Thank you in advance!
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

I have two ideas in regards to your dream...again, no real interp, just thoughts I see being applicable because of things I myself have been thru..

The first could be that you are kicking into 'discernment mode' and feeling the intense pain of others.. but I'm not sure this makes sense in light of the entire context of the dream..

The 2nd is that you yourself are dealing with some form of trauma or violation..perhaps in the past. The divorced couple being back together may represent parts of you which had been separated due to trauma but in order to heal they are brought back together...this would explain the dark valley - it is hard healing from these things and often we must visit a dark night of the soul (grief & sadness) where we are further refined during healing. I don't know what to think about the continents.. it may be another play on separation & re-connection.. India being the portion of you which was separated from your main self during violation (this is usually how it happens and as a victim of trauma myself I can say we usually don't want to go back to revisit that area). The female part of the divorced couple may symbolize an aspect of the heart which currently has a bit of inability to feel as much, maybe feeling somewhat detached (thinking of the meaning of her name here). Again, this is normal for survivors of violation, to erect walls or split off. Perhaps your sense of who you are (ID) is not complete because of all this - which is why the guard could not find it?
I may be waaaay off on this and if so please forgive me.. bless you.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello FB, I wish I could expound on the situation; however, I cannot. I can tell you that I am in a particuliar situation in which an individual is lashing out and yes I am trying to be compassionate or have understanding of the situation at hand. Because the individual is violitle and I am recieving little to no help I am at the point of simply throughing my hands up and let others attempt to deal with it. So you offered so very good points and you are more of a blessing than you can possibly know. Thanks again for your assistance.
rktheda
Diamond Member

Post by rktheda »

Praying for you my friend.
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

Newbie wrote:Hello FB, I wish I could expound on the situation; however, I cannot. I can tell you that I am in a particuliar situation in which an individual is lashing out and yes I am trying to be compassionate or have understanding of the situation at hand. Because the individual is violitle and I am recieving little to no help I am at the point of simply throughing my hands up and let others attempt to deal with it. So you offered so very good points and you are more of a blessing than you can possibly know. Thanks again for your assistance.
wow, it hadn't occurred to me that it could have the same type of interpretation for something currently taking place. I see how it would apply and I'm very sorry you are going through this - I know how hard it is to deal with someone like this. My defence is to withdraw from such people. I pray Abba gives you the grace & favour you need to come through. My heart goes out to you.. I so understand what it's like. I'm quite sure you will handle it much better than I do when it happens to me.
God bless you Newbie
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thank you both and may He bless you one hundredfold. :D
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

I forgot this portion because it came back to me abruptly. When my husband, friends, and myself was going through the id validation process, I was the only one out of the group whose id cards could not be validated.
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

Perhaps this is about you not feeling you fit in somewhere?
Or maybe your ability to 'identify' with this person or group has been affected somehow? - perhaps it's tied in with the bit about your guard being up (stoney places in heart)
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

fishbreath wrote:Perhaps this is about you not feeling you fit in somewhere?
Or maybe your ability to 'identify' with this person or group has been affected somehow? - perhaps it's tied in with the bit about your guard being up (stoney places in heart)
Hello FB, it is funny you mentioned guard being up, a co-worker of mines mention that I am guarded in one of our conversations today. Well any who! Your second statement fits. I am the lowest man on the totem pole at my job and I am dealing with a very sensitive issue. I have an undergraduate degree in psychology and because of my prior military history and job amongst other things, I am a very observant person. The dynamics of the situation is that I am observing a pattern where as those who are experience and been in the job a lot longer is not listening to me. So right now it is frustrating and I am on the chopping block because of an incident; basically a pressure cooker type situation. The individual is the other woman on the otherside of the curtain. So in a sense, I get the validating is a play on being validated. Once again, thanks!