Chucking Popcorn

Archives for 2013
keilani
Site Moderator

Chucking Popcorn

Post by keilani »

Would appreciate any insight!

I dreamt I was in a movie theater sitting with the person I was attending with who appeared to be a little girl (I forget which side she was on). As the movie started, the first thing we saw was this scene of people in the theater chucking popcorn at each other. I thought to myself 'Oh great, who would open up a movie like this? Next thing you know, people will be throwing popcorn!' No sooner had I finished thinking it than I saw popcorn flying overhead. Next thing I know, me and my little friend are standing against the wall (if sitting facing the screen, it would be the left wall) and we are watching all this happening. I look to the left and see a little boy (looks a lot like my Pastor's eldest son but with lighter eyes) and he is with an older blonde girl who has one long braid. I grab a handful of popcorn and aim for the girl but it misses completely to the right. I grab another and chuck it and this time it goes all the way left. I grab one more time and am trying to adjust my aim and this time it hits her right in the forehead so I keep grabbing popcorn and hit her every time and am having fun doing it. The last throw, I took a few steps forward as if an elevated desk like in school was there (didn't see it but I knew that is what i walked/stood on), threw my popcorn and then stepped backwards back into the shadows of the wall without looking just as the attendant walked in. I hoped he hadn't seen me throwing popcorn. He walked over to the screen, turned on the lights and began to draw the curtain as if to say the movie was over.

We began to walk out and I saw myself behind the boy who looked like my Pastor's oldest son so I rubbed his back as if to say no hard feelings. Then we are in line at what would be the concession stand. I see a father and son standing in front as if to ask for their money back because of what happened and the guy says, "no it can't be done, it costs $111". I thought that was pretty steep for a movie and after hearing that, the girl I was with and I turn and walk out.

**Other than the popcorn chucking, the things that stood out were the fact that everyone was in pairs--one older, one younger.

I had fun chucking the popcorn, and although I was trying to keep out of the way of popcorn, I wasn't overly concerned.

The boy who looked like my pastor's eldest son--i believe if memory serves correctly the second son had lighter eyes while the eldest had darker eyes. Seems like it should be significant--i can't recall the color, just that they were lighter.

The $111 price being the cost of the ticket as announced to the father and son looking into a refund and the worker's statement that the ticket could not be refunded almost as if because it was so pricey.

Shalom and thank you!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

As I read your dream I remembered a discussion I had with someone recently. In the family I grew up in mild teasing was a form of affection. In the family he grew up in any form of teasing -play wrestling, joking about weaknesses, throwing popcorn- was a form of bullying. His parents were very strong on speaking only words of correction and edification, so he has had a lot of trouble not taking offense at what some other people consider to be "fun." (Frankly I felt sorry for him, because never learning to laugh at yourself makes a person vulnerable to being easily offended, but hey, that's just me. I need to learn that not everyone sees things the same way.)

So I wonder if what seems like fun and at first (when the popcorn flies right or left) starts to hit the girl on the forehead and becomes an attack on her mind after a while.

Reassuring the boy with a touch as if to say "no hard feelings" perhaps acknowledges that there is a risk of hard feelings, even though popcorn is pretty light.

The "cost" of this entertainment is $111. 1=unity 3 is the number of the Godhead and the number of confirmation, so perhaps the cost has to do with unity God's way or is an emphasis on the importance of unity? It is a very valuable thing to lose for the sake of having a bit of fun at someone's expense.

The adult/child combo might be about the mature/immature make-up in each of us.

Maybe a heads-up about needing wisdom around sensitive people or people who take things literally?

The light and dark eyes remind me of that scripture about the eye being the lamp of the body, but I'm not sure how that fits yet.

-for your discernment-
...that I might know Him...
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

In your life you've been throwing The Word of God (popcorn) with child-like faith. Some of it has been 'hit or miss', since it was done in the dark. It has also been done in the spirit because it was pop corn, which is air popped (air being of the spirit).

The cost of $111--this refers to the prophetic. It also has to do with your life calling. I believe God has or will give you the gift of prophetic dreaming. They'll first happen in your dreams, and come to pass.

Hope this helps, SpecialK.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Thank you for your offerings sisters! Pondering this one so I appreciate insight that may cause me to look at this differently. Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.